This site offers a public bugtracker. In case you encounter problems with VirtualBox or have other suggestions for improvements, you can use this facility to report those issues, which will then be called a "ticket". Each such ticket receives a unique number that you can later refer to in order to see if any progress was made, or add comments to it.
Some advice to improve your chances of getting your problem solved
- Provide a patch! The VirtualBox core team works first on customer issues and feature requests, but is not nearly large enough to investigate all user bug reports, even ones which seem very important to the people affected. Providing a patch, or helping someone else to do so greatly improves your chances of a fix. Technical questions from people working on patches are welcome on the vbox-dev mailing list.
- Remember that you can still do a lot of work on a bug even if you can't program by studying and isolating it. Problems which developers (not just core developers) can reproduce quickly and easily are much more likely to be fixed than problems which only happen on certain systems, or require installing special software in special virtual machines. So look for simpler ways of triggering the problem.
- Try out a test build to see if the problem has already been fixed.
- Do some research (e.g. using search engines, our forums and existing bug tickets) before creating a ticket. Try to solve as much of the problem as you can yourself or in collaboration with other users.
To create new tickets, you must have a Oracle Single Sign On account and be logged in with your user name and password. Use the registration information and the "Login" link at the top right for that. If you add a comment to an existing ticket, you will receive e-mail notification every time that ticket is updated.
Then, use these links to access the bugtracker:
- Create a new bug ticket (you must be logged in for this)
- Browse existing bug tickets:
- All open bug tickets
- All open bug tickets for a specific host:
- All open bug tickets for a specific guest:
- All open bug tickets for a specific component:
- Guest SMP
- RDP (remote desktop protocol)
- virtual disk
- host support
- guest additions
- guest control
- 3D support
- VM control
- all other
- All bug tickets reported by me (including closed)