VirtualBox

Opened 2 days ago

#22105 new defect

"VirtualBox" folder doesn't exist, preventing use to Vboxmanage.exe in cmd (administrator)

Reported by: 2percentt Owned by:
Component: other Version: VirtualBox-7.0.18
Keywords: Cc:
Guest type: OSX Server Host type: Windows

Description

Hello, this is an issue in Oracle VirtualBox and a request (as well as a question) if this issue can be resolved here. I took necessary steps before contacting here (checking forums, seeing troubleshooting options, reinstalling VirtualBox etc.) but still can't seem to fix the issue. The problem occurs during installation, preventing me from finding it and diagnosing it prematurely myself. During use in normal conditions, I tried to configure a VM (macOS Monterey) using cmd/Vboxmanage, although, trying to locate the directory: C:\program files\Oracle\VirtualBox, I found that the "Oracle" folder is empty and "VirtualBox" doesn't exist, resulting in errors in trying to setup my VM.

This is the exact command I tried to use: (macmonterey is the name of my VM)

cd "C:\Program Files\Oracle\VirtualBox\"

VBoxManage.exe modifyvm "macmonterey" --cpuidset 00000001 000106e5 00100800 0098e3fd bfebfbff

VBoxManage setextradata "macmonterey" "VBoxInternal/Devices/efi/0/Config/DmiSystemProduct" "iMac19,3"

VBoxManage setextradata "macmonterey" "VBoxInternal/Devices/efi/0/Config/DmiSystemVersion" "1.0"

VBoxManage setextradata "macmonterey" "VBoxInternal/Devices/efi/0/Config/DmiBoardProduct" "Iloveapple"

VBoxManage setextradata "macmonterey" "VBoxInternal/Devices/smc/0/Config/DeviceKey" "ourhardworkbythesewordsguardedpleasedontsteal(c)AppleComputerInc"

VBoxManage setextradata "macmonterey" "VBoxInternal/Devices/smc/0/Config/GetKeyFromRealSMC" 0

VBoxManage modifyvm "macmonterey" --cpu-profile "Intel Core i7-6700K"

VBoxManage setextradata "macmonterey" "VBoxInternal/TM/TSCMode" "RealTSCOffset"

I manually went into Vboxmanage.exe and tried to run the commands, but even after seemingly fixing the problem, my VM would get stuck at the same state and would not boot up. Initially, I thought it was a problem from my computer, but I asked another individual and their files looked the same, without any VirtualBox folder. Another step I took was disabling Microsoft Hypervisor and turning off memory integrity to make sure they weren't interfering, but the same problem would occur. I tried with another version of MacOS (10.15 Catalina) but it made the same problem. Furthermore, I installed VirutalBox 7.0.14 to see if the new update was causing problems (I know from trying to run windows NT 4.0 and it working on VirtualBox 6 rather than 7) but the problem continued.

Attachments (2)

macmonterey-2024-07-01-14-36-18.log (99.3 KB ) - added by 2percentt 2 days ago.
Log file of the VM (macmonterey)
image_2024-07-01_144922839.png (151.1 KB ) - added by 2percentt 2 days ago.
Oracle folder (downloaded in this directory during downloads myself)

Download all attachments as: .zip

Change History (2)

by 2percentt, 2 days ago

Log file of the VM (macmonterey)

by 2percentt, 2 days ago

Oracle folder (downloaded in this directory during downloads myself)

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.

© 2023 Oracle
ContactPrivacy policyTerms of Use