Last modified 3 years ago

#20633 new defect

VM Crashed

Reported by: Chiefy Owned by:
Component: other Version: VirtualBox 6.1.28
Keywords: crash, bitcoin core, blockchain, lightning network Cc:
Guest type: other Host type: other

Description

I am running Ubuntu with the latest update ( i believe it is version 20). I was downloading the Bitcoin Blockchain and it crashed on me during normal operations...

here is the log files. I hope that this helps. I will donate some ETH or BTC after you guys work through the issue.

Attachments (2)

Lightning Nod_Chief-2021-10-24-20-08-14.log (87.9 KB ) - added by Chiefy 3 years ago.
Logs for the current vm session
Lightning Nod_Chief-2021-10-24-20-08-14.2.log (87.9 KB ) - added by Chiefy 3 years ago.

Download all attachments as: .zip

Change History (4)

by Chiefy, 3 years ago

by Chiefy, 3 years ago

comment:1 by Klaus Espenlaub, 3 years ago

Did the VM crash or something inside the VM? Was the crash after about 10 minutes of VM runtime in both cases? If not then we have absolutely no hint in the logs what would have possibly caused it. If it was after that time it smells like Microsoft's OneDrive trying to inject a DLL into the VM process from a directory which doesn't have trustworthy owner and permissions, i.e. could be replaced any second by the user or some attacker.

comment:2 by fth0, 3 years ago

I noticed three additional details: The host disk is reported as being full. The VirtualBox Guest Additions 5.2.8 are quite outdated. And both log files are identical.

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.

© 2023 Oracle
ContactPrivacy policyTerms of Use