Last modified 7 years ago

#17180 new defect

Unable to get properly into full screen after VM resume

Reported by: Merrilin Owned by:
Component: other Version: VirtualBox 5.1.28
Keywords: Full screen, resume Cc:
Guest type: Linux Host type: Mac OS X

Description

I recently noticed the following issue, after a recent update (version 5.1.28 r117968 (Qt5.6.2) under macOS): after I resume a VM, it is unable to go to full screen; it also show two windows, one of which shows the state before resume and is frozen.

Steps:

• Run a VM (I had this happen with several Linux Guests)
  • Have it work in full screen
  • Save the machine
  • Resume it; then the first anomaly occurs: two windows show the status of the VM; the first one is not full screen, and reacts to inputs; the other is full screen and does not react to inputs

After that it is sometimes possible to put back to full screen the window that started as non full screen, but the frozen full screen view never goes away.

Attachments (1)

VBoxLogs.zip (55.7 KB ) - added by ncj 7 years ago.

Download all attachments as: .zip

Change History (4)

comment:1 by Gary Bartlett, 7 years ago

The same is true for Windows guests. The 'frozen' full screen view will go away if full screen mode is exited for this window.

by ncj, 7 years ago

Attachment: VBoxLogs.zip added

comment:2 by ncj, 7 years ago

I have the same issue. Albeit the versions are different.

I have 5.2.2, Host macOS 10.13.1 and guest Windows 10 (1709, Fall Creators update).

To get the screens back to normal, I resize the "frozen" screen back to "normal" (i.e. from full screen to not) and that generally fixes it. I don't have 3D acceleration on, but this may be related to this ticket (https://www.virtualbox.org/ticket/17168), since the resolution seems similar.

comment:3 by Socratis, 7 years ago

@ncj
Those two things fall in the category "Graphics problems with OSX 10.13.1". But that's their only similarity. Otherwise they're two completely different issues.

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.

© 2023 Oracle
ContactPrivacy policyTerms of Use