Last modified 8 years ago

#15960 new defect

Copying of HTML from windows host to Firefox on a Linux guest doesn't work

Reported by: mskov Owned by:
Component: other Version: VirtualBox 5.1.6
Keywords: Cc:
Guest type: Linux Host type: Windows

Description

I don't know if it is a problem of Firefox or of VirtualBox itself. Copy-pasting HTML works perfectly fine to e.g. Chrome and LibreOffice Writer. But for some reason it doesn't work if pasting is done to Firefox. Though if you copy HTML directly from the linux guest (e.g. from Chrome, Firefox or LibreOffice) and paste to Firefox on the same guest - it works fine. I've also tried to examine the content of X11 clipboard in the guest and "text/html" target seems to be perfectly fine (when obtained with some tools like xclip). I've also tried to write the exact content of "text/html" provided by VirtualBox in the guest to the X11 clipboard (with "xclip -t text/html -selection clipboard") - and if I do that, then pasting works fine as well. It would be really great, if you could confirm that the problem is in the way how Firefox reads the content and not in the way how VirtualBox is providing this content to Firefox - then I would create a bug ticket on the Firefox bug tracker instead.

Thnx in advance if you decide to investigate this issue.

Attachments (1)

Ubuntu 15.04-2016-09-26-09-13-12.log (73.9 KB ) - added by mskov 8 years ago.

Download all attachments as: .zip

Change History (3)

comment:1 by Frank Mehnert, 8 years ago

Please attach a VBox.log file of such a VM session. This is primarily meant to get your exact VM configuration.

comment:2 by mskov, 8 years ago

The log is attached. I could reproduce this problem with different VBox versions (5.1.0 and 5.1.6) and with different versions of guest additions (5.1.4 and 5.1.6).

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.

© 2024 Oracle
ContactPrivacy/Do Not Sell My InfoTerms of Use