Closed 8 years ago

#14853 closed defect (fixed)

Fullscreen crash

Reported by: Ityer Owned by:
Component: other Version: VirtualBox 5.0.10
Keywords: Cc:
Guest type: Linux Host type: Windows

Description

when going into full screen, the virtual machine crashes. The error message is: "THe instruction at 0x00000000 referenced memory at 0x00000000. The memory could not be written. Click OK to terminate the program" I am using windows 7 with a Nvidia 660ti graphics card, using the latest drivers. Here is a forum post where i initially posted about it: https://forums.virtualbox.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=74676&p=345962#p345962

Attachments (1)

Attachments.zip (476.4 KB ) - added by Ityer 9 years ago.
Inside is a log and a small memory dump

Download all attachments as: .zip

Change History (6)

by Ityer, 9 years ago

Attachment: Attachments.zip added

Inside is a log and a small memory dump

comment:1 by Mihai Hanor, 9 years ago

Does it crash if you disable 3D acceleration in VM settings?

in reply to:  1 comment:2 by Ityer, 9 years ago

Replying to mhanor:

Does it crash if you disable 3D acceleration in VM settings?

Yes

comment:3 by Ityer, 8 years ago

The crash still happens on 5.0.26. I am now using a gtx 1070, still on windows 7.

when going fullscreen, it seems to try and use both of my monitors, however the same crash happens when I unplug one of them. http://i.imgur.com/zOocV0E.png

I have tried upgrading to 5.1.4 but that stopped me from even launching a VM, so i will have to stick with 5.0.26 for now.

comment:4 by Ityer, 8 years ago

i have managed to get 5.1.4 to work. Fullscreen seems to work on that version

comment:5 by aeichner, 8 years ago

Resolution: fixed

In that case I'll close this ticket, please reopen if you experience this crash again with 5.1.4 and attach a new set of logs and memory dump. Thanks!

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.

© 2024 Oracle Support Privacy / Do Not Sell My Info Terms of Use Trademark Policy Automated Access Etiquette