#22115 new defect

Guru Meditation

Reported by: mehdimed Owned by:
Component: other Version: VirtualBox 6.1.0
Keywords: Guru Meditation Cc:
Guest type: other Host type: Linux

Description

Hello Community,

Since today I can't start any VM from VirtualBox 6.1 with Guru Meditation error.

I'm on Linux Mint 21.3 and even if it's been a while since I've started any VM's, I think it's due to an update of the Linux kernel but I can't be sure.

I'm attaching my Logs, if any kind soul could help me please?

Thanks in advance

Attachments (2)

VBox.log (388.2 KB ) - added by mehdimed 6 weeks ago.
VBox.2.log (358.2 KB ) - added by DerekD 6 weeks ago.
Second VBox.log file from different user

Download all attachments as: .zip

Change History (4)

by mehdimed, 6 weeks ago

Attachment: VBox.log added

by DerekD, 6 weeks ago

Attachment: VBox.2.log added

Second VBox.log file from different user

comment:1 by DerekD, 6 weeks ago

A co-worker of mine is also experiencing this issue with their Linux Mint 21.3 and VirtualBox 6.1.50 install. They recently patched their system with the 5.15.0-116 kernel as part of the new available patches via their OS. This issue then started (VMs wouldn't run...got GURU_MEDITATION state). They booted back into the previous kernel (5.15.0-113) and the issue went away (VMs would run without issues).

I upload their VBox.log file with the "Guru Meditation -2708 (VERR_VMM_SET_JMP_ABORTED_RESUME)" error.

comment:2 by mehdimed, 6 weeks ago

Thanks for your feedback DerekD!

This is exactly what happened to me, the error appeared after updating the system with kernel 5.15. 0-116 and I also had to go back to the previous version but it's still annoying for the latest security patches, which, as a result, can't be installed, I'm going to backup all the VM's and try by redoing the system update and installing the latest version of VirtualBox but if I remember correctly, I had problems with it and that's why I stayed on VirtualBox 6.1...I've tried a lot of things to remedy this error but without success, I hope it'll work like this.

Thanks again for your feedback DerekD!

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.

© 2024 Oracle
ContactPrivacy/Do Not Sell My InfoTerms of Use