boxer01

Legend:

Unmodified
Added
Removed
Modified
  • Ticket #17225, comment 33

initial v1  
    1 I‘m not quite sure what you are talking about. If you mean sound MP3 dumps from 2 month ago (beginning of December) after comment number ten here and something I posted in the forum, then it isn’t a white noise, I just checked. I first test with small sounds like sound when one changes sound volume with mouse over the speaker icon in the tray and test sound on playback devices in control panel and then sounds. Here you can hear distortion nearly immediately. The second part of the test is the Internet audio stream playback where you need some time for distortion to come. I wrote all this test parkour in one of the forum’s post I linked from here. And in these recordings directly from host sound card with Audacity one can clearly hear the distortion.
     1I‘m not quite sure what you are talking about. If you mean sound MP3 dumps from 2 month ago (beginning of December) after comment number ten here and something I posted in the forum, then it isn’t a white noise, I just checked. I first test with small sounds like sound when one changes sound volume with mouse over the speaker icon in the tray and test sound on playback devices in control panel and then sounds. Here you can hear distortion nearly immediately. The second part of the test is the Internet audio stream playback where you need some time for distortion to come. I wrote all this test parkour in one of the forum’s post I linked from [https://forums.virtualbox.org/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=84534&p=403329#p403329 here]. And in these recordings directly from host sound card with Audacity one can clearly hear the distortion.
    33But this is not important after the version 120822, because here the situation has changed. We have no more distortion, now the sound disappears completely in spite of the fact that in the VM the program continue to play. It’s like a mute for complete VM. Only if I stop or pause the playback in the program and then start it again, the sound appears. And if you take a look at the logs I posted yesterday (mid-February) you will immediately see the cause of this. The buffer became too full or too asynchronous and at some point VM audio back-end decides to stop playback. Search for "stoping" here. So it’s still the buffer problem, but now it shows up as an audio stop and not as some kind of distortion.

© 2023 Oracle
ContactPrivacy policyTerms of Use