Michael Thayer

Legend:

Unmodified
Added
Removed
Modified
  • Ticket #16436, comment 101

initial v1  
    1 @cesarcafe Unfortunately, none of the team members who do Mac development have ever seen this issue.  We do test (and develop) on a range of different systems with different configurations.  The question, which no one reporting this issue has been able to answer yet, is what is special about those systems which do have the problem.  I went through all the comments (more or less) and the summary was that the problem goes away if a USB mouse is passed through to the guest (I wonder whether disabling mouse integration does it too?), and that it started with !VirtualBox 5.1, which is when we switched from Qt 4 to Qt 5.  Out of interest, do you get the problem with a Fedora 28 guest with the Guest Additions which come pre-installed?  Those ones do not support using the host mouse cursor.
     1@cesarcafe Unfortunately, none of the team members who do Mac development have ever seen this issue.  We do test (and develop) on a range of different systems with different configurations.  The question, which no one reporting this issue has been able to answer yet, is what is special about those systems which do have the problem.
     3I went through all the comments (more or less) and the summary was that the problem goes away if a USB mouse is passed through to the guest (I wonder whether disabling mouse integration does it too?), and that it started with !VirtualBox 5.1, which is when we switched from Qt 4 to Qt 5.  Out of interest, do you get the problem with a Fedora 28 guest with the Guest Additions which come pre-installed?  Those ones do not support using the host mouse cursor.

© 2023 Oracle
ContactPrivacy policyTerms of Use