# $Id: op-darwin.sed 4541 2007-09-05 19:32:48Z vboxsync $ ## @file # # SED script for transforming op.S (i386 ELF from GNU/linux) into # something that the Darwin (Mac OS X) assembler can make use of. # # # Copyright (C) 2006-2007 innotek GmbH # # This file is part of VirtualBox Open Source Edition (OSE), as # available from http://www.virtualbox.org. This file is free software; # you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU # General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, # in version 2 as it comes in the "COPYING" file of the VirtualBox OSE # distribution. VirtualBox OSE is distributed in the hope that it will # be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY of any kind. # This is a generic transformation, only encountered with i386-elf-gcc-3.4.3 so far. s/^\([[:blank:]]*\)\//\1#/ # Darwin doesn't grok .type and .size, remove those lines. /^[[:blank:]]*\.type[[:blank:]]/d /^[[:blank:]]*\.size[[:blank:]]/d # Darwin names the .rodata section '.const'. s/^[[:blank:]]*\.section[[:blank:]][[:blank:]]*\.rodata[[:blank:]]*$/\t.const/ # Darwin doesn't grok the the .note.GNU-stack section, remove that line. /^[[:blank:]]*\.section[[:blank:]][[:blank:]]*\.note\.GNU-stack,/d # .zero seems to be similar to .spaces... s/^\([[:blank:]]*\)\.zero[[:blank:]][[:blank:]]*\([0-9][0-9]*\)/\1.space \2/ # It looks like if .align is taking a byte count on linux and a power of # two on Darwin, translate to power of two. s/\.align 128/\.align 7/ s/\.align 64/\.align 6/ s/\.align 32/\.align 5/ s/\.align 16/\.align 4/ s/\.align 8/\.align 3/ s/\.align 4/\.align 2/ s/\.align 2/\.align 1/ # Darwin uses underscore prefixed names like the DOS based i386 OSes # linux does. So, all global symbols needs to be translated. s/^[[:blank:]]*\.globl[[:blank:]][[:blank:]]*\([^\t\n ]*\)[[:blank:]]*$/#define \1 _\1\n.globl \1/ # special hack for __op_labelN s/__op_label\([0-9]\)/___op_label\1/g