/* $Id: IOMInternal.h 48017 2013-08-23 09:25:31Z vboxsync $ */ /** @file * IOM - Internal header file. */ /* * Copyright (C) 2006-2013 Oracle Corporation * * This file is part of VirtualBox Open Source Edition (OSE), as * available from http://www.virtualbox.org. This file is free software; * you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU * General Public License (GPL) as published by the Free Software * Foundation, in version 2 as it comes in the "COPYING" file of the * VirtualBox OSE distribution. VirtualBox OSE is distributed in the * hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY of any kind. */ #ifndef ___IOMInternal_h #define ___IOMInternal_h #define IOM_WITH_CRIT_SECT_RW #include #include #include #include #include #include #ifdef IOM_WITH_CRIT_SECT_RW # include #endif #include #include #include /** @defgroup grp_iom_int Internals * @ingroup grp_iom * @internal * @{ */ /** * MMIO range descriptor. */ typedef struct IOMMMIORANGE { /** Avl node core with GCPhys as Key and GCPhys + cbSize - 1 as KeyLast. */ AVLROGCPHYSNODECORE Core; /** Start physical address. */ RTGCPHYS GCPhys; /** Size of the range. */ uint32_t cb; /** The reference counter. */ uint32_t volatile cRefs; /** Pointer to user argument - R0. */ RTR0PTR pvUserR0; /** Pointer to device instance - R0. */ PPDMDEVINSR0 pDevInsR0; /** Pointer to write callback function - R0. */ R0PTRTYPE(PFNIOMMMIOWRITE) pfnWriteCallbackR0; /** Pointer to read callback function - R0. */ R0PTRTYPE(PFNIOMMMIOREAD) pfnReadCallbackR0; /** Pointer to fill (memset) callback function - R0. */ R0PTRTYPE(PFNIOMMMIOFILL) pfnFillCallbackR0; /** Flags, see IOMMMIO_FLAGS_XXX. */ /* (Placed here for alignment reasons.) */ uint32_t fFlags; /** Pointer to user argument - RC. */ RTRCPTR pvUserRC; /** Pointer to device instance - RC. */ PPDMDEVINSRC pDevInsRC; /** Pointer to write callback function - RC. */ RCPTRTYPE(PFNIOMMMIOWRITE) pfnWriteCallbackRC; /** Pointer to read callback function - RC. */ RCPTRTYPE(PFNIOMMMIOREAD) pfnReadCallbackRC; /** Pointer to fill (memset) callback function - RC. */ RCPTRTYPE(PFNIOMMMIOFILL) pfnFillCallbackRC; /** Pointer to user argument - R3. */ RTR3PTR pvUserR3; /** Pointer to device instance - R3. */ PPDMDEVINSR3 pDevInsR3; /** Pointer to write callback function - R3. */ R3PTRTYPE(PFNIOMMMIOWRITE) pfnWriteCallbackR3; /** Pointer to read callback function - R3. */ R3PTRTYPE(PFNIOMMMIOREAD) pfnReadCallbackR3; /** Pointer to fill (memset) callback function - R3. */ R3PTRTYPE(PFNIOMMMIOFILL) pfnFillCallbackR3; /** Description / Name. For easing debugging. */ R3PTRTYPE(const char *) pszDesc; } IOMMMIORANGE; /** Pointer to a MMIO range descriptor, R3 version. */ typedef struct IOMMMIORANGE *PIOMMMIORANGE; /** * MMIO address statistics. (one address) * * This is a simple way of making on demand statistics, however it's a * bit free with the hypervisor heap memory. */ typedef struct IOMMMIOSTATS { /** Avl node core with the address as Key. */ AVLOGCPHYSNODECORE Core; /** Number of accesses (subtract ReadRZToR3 and WriteRZToR3 to get the right * number). */ STAMCOUNTER Accesses; /** Profiling read handler overhead in R3. */ STAMPROFILE ProfReadR3; /** Profiling write handler overhead in R3. */ STAMPROFILE ProfWriteR3; /** Counting and profiling reads in R0/RC. */ STAMPROFILE ProfReadRZ; /** Counting and profiling writes in R0/RC. */ STAMPROFILE ProfWriteRZ; /** Number of reads to this address from R0/RC which was serviced in R3. */ STAMCOUNTER ReadRZToR3; /** Number of writes to this address from R0/RC which was serviced in R3. */ STAMCOUNTER WriteRZToR3; } IOMMMIOSTATS; AssertCompileMemberAlignment(IOMMMIOSTATS, Accesses, 8); /** Pointer to I/O port statistics. */ typedef IOMMMIOSTATS *PIOMMMIOSTATS; /** * I/O port range descriptor, R3 version. */ typedef struct IOMIOPORTRANGER3 { /** Avl node core with Port as Key and Port + cPorts - 1 as KeyLast. */ AVLROIOPORTNODECORE Core; #if HC_ARCH_BITS == 64 && !defined(RT_OS_WINDOWS) uint32_t u32Alignment; /**< The sizeof(Core) differs. */ #endif /** Start I/O port address. */ RTIOPORT Port; /** Size of the range. */ uint16_t cPorts; /** Pointer to user argument. */ RTR3PTR pvUser; /** Pointer to the associated device instance. */ R3PTRTYPE(PPDMDEVINS) pDevIns; /** Pointer to OUT callback function. */ R3PTRTYPE(PFNIOMIOPORTOUT) pfnOutCallback; /** Pointer to IN callback function. */ R3PTRTYPE(PFNIOMIOPORTIN) pfnInCallback; /** Pointer to string OUT callback function. */ R3PTRTYPE(PFNIOMIOPORTOUTSTRING) pfnOutStrCallback; /** Pointer to string IN callback function. */ R3PTRTYPE(PFNIOMIOPORTINSTRING) pfnInStrCallback; /** Description / Name. For easing debugging. */ R3PTRTYPE(const char *) pszDesc; } IOMIOPORTRANGER3; /** Pointer to I/O port range descriptor, R3 version. */ typedef IOMIOPORTRANGER3 *PIOMIOPORTRANGER3; /** * I/O port range descriptor, R0 version. */ typedef struct IOMIOPORTRANGER0 { /** Avl node core with Port as Key and Port + cPorts - 1 as KeyLast. */ AVLROIOPORTNODECORE Core; #if HC_ARCH_BITS == 64 && !defined(RT_OS_WINDOWS) uint32_t u32Alignment; /**< The sizeof(Core) differs. */ #endif /** Start I/O port address. */ RTIOPORT Port; /** Size of the range. */ uint16_t cPorts; /** Pointer to user argument. */ RTR0PTR pvUser; /** Pointer to the associated device instance. */ R0PTRTYPE(PPDMDEVINS) pDevIns; /** Pointer to OUT callback function. */ R0PTRTYPE(PFNIOMIOPORTOUT) pfnOutCallback; /** Pointer to IN callback function. */ R0PTRTYPE(PFNIOMIOPORTIN) pfnInCallback; /** Pointer to string OUT callback function. */ R0PTRTYPE(PFNIOMIOPORTOUTSTRING) pfnOutStrCallback; /** Pointer to string IN callback function. */ R0PTRTYPE(PFNIOMIOPORTINSTRING) pfnInStrCallback; /** Description / Name. For easing debugging. */ R3PTRTYPE(const char *) pszDesc; } IOMIOPORTRANGER0; /** Pointer to I/O port range descriptor, R0 version. */ typedef IOMIOPORTRANGER0 *PIOMIOPORTRANGER0; /** * I/O port range descriptor, RC version. */ typedef struct IOMIOPORTRANGERC { /** Avl node core with Port as Key and Port + cPorts - 1 as KeyLast. */ AVLROIOPORTNODECORE Core; /** Start I/O port address. */ RTIOPORT Port; /** Size of the range. */ uint16_t cPorts; /** Pointer to user argument. */ RTRCPTR pvUser; /** Pointer to the associated device instance. */ RCPTRTYPE(PPDMDEVINS) pDevIns; /** Pointer to OUT callback function. */ RCPTRTYPE(PFNIOMIOPORTOUT) pfnOutCallback; /** Pointer to IN callback function. */ RCPTRTYPE(PFNIOMIOPORTIN) pfnInCallback; /** Pointer to string OUT callback function. */ RCPTRTYPE(PFNIOMIOPORTOUTSTRING) pfnOutStrCallback; /** Pointer to string IN callback function. */ RCPTRTYPE(PFNIOMIOPORTINSTRING) pfnInStrCallback; #if HC_ARCH_BITS == 64 RTRCPTR RCPtrAlignment; /**< pszDesc is 8 byte aligned. */ #endif /** Description / Name. For easing debugging. */ R3PTRTYPE(const char *) pszDesc; } IOMIOPORTRANGERC; /** Pointer to I/O port range descriptor, RC version. */ typedef IOMIOPORTRANGERC *PIOMIOPORTRANGERC; /** * I/O port statistics. (one I/O port) * * This is a simple way of making on demand statistics, however it's a * bit free with the hypervisor heap memory. */ typedef struct IOMIOPORTSTATS { /** Avl node core with the port as Key. */ AVLOIOPORTNODECORE Core; #if HC_ARCH_BITS != 64 || !defined(RT_OS_WINDOWS) uint32_t u32Alignment; /**< The sizeof(Core) differs. */ #endif /** Number of INs to this port from R3. */ STAMCOUNTER InR3; /** Profiling IN handler overhead in R3. */ STAMPROFILE ProfInR3; /** Number of OUTs to this port from R3. */ STAMCOUNTER OutR3; /** Profiling OUT handler overhead in R3. */ STAMPROFILE ProfOutR3; /** Number of INs to this port from R0/RC. */ STAMCOUNTER InRZ; /** Profiling IN handler overhead in R0/RC. */ STAMPROFILE ProfInRZ; /** Number of INs to this port from R0/RC which was serviced in R3. */ STAMCOUNTER InRZToR3; /** Number of OUTs to this port from R0/RC. */ STAMCOUNTER OutRZ; /** Profiling OUT handler overhead in R0/RC. */ STAMPROFILE ProfOutRZ; /** Number of OUTs to this port from R0/RC which was serviced in R3. */ STAMCOUNTER OutRZToR3; } IOMIOPORTSTATS; AssertCompileMemberAlignment(IOMIOPORTSTATS, InR3, 8); /** Pointer to I/O port statistics. */ typedef IOMIOPORTSTATS *PIOMIOPORTSTATS; /** * The IOM trees. * These are offset based the nodes and root must be in the same * memory block in HC. The locations of IOM structure and the hypervisor heap * are quite different in R3, R0 and RC. */ typedef struct IOMTREES { /** Tree containing I/O port range descriptors registered for HC (IOMIOPORTRANGEHC). */ AVLROIOPORTTREE IOPortTreeR3; /** Tree containing I/O port range descriptors registered for R0 (IOMIOPORTRANGER0). */ AVLROIOPORTTREE IOPortTreeR0; /** Tree containing I/O port range descriptors registered for RC (IOMIOPORTRANGERC). */ AVLROIOPORTTREE IOPortTreeRC; /** Tree containing the MMIO range descriptors (IOMMMIORANGE). */ AVLROGCPHYSTREE MMIOTree; /** Tree containing I/O port statistics (IOMIOPORTSTATS). */ AVLOIOPORTTREE IOPortStatTree; /** Tree containing MMIO statistics (IOMMMIOSTATS). */ AVLOGCPHYSTREE MmioStatTree; } IOMTREES; /** Pointer to the IOM trees. */ typedef IOMTREES *PIOMTREES; /** * Converts an IOM pointer into a VM pointer. * @returns Pointer to the VM structure the PGM is part of. * @param pIOM Pointer to IOM instance data. */ #define IOM2VM(pIOM) ( (PVM)((char*)pIOM - pIOM->offVM) ) /** * IOM Data (part of VM) */ typedef struct IOM { /** Offset to the VM structure. */ RTINT offVM; /** Pointer to the trees - RC ptr. */ RCPTRTYPE(PIOMTREES) pTreesRC; /** Pointer to the trees - R3 ptr. */ R3PTRTYPE(PIOMTREES) pTreesR3; /** Pointer to the trees - R0 ptr. */ R0PTRTYPE(PIOMTREES) pTreesR0; /** The ring-0 address of IOMMMIOHandler. */ R0PTRTYPE(PFNPGMR0PHYSHANDLER) pfnMMIOHandlerR0; /** The RC address of IOMMMIOHandler. */ RCPTRTYPE(PFNPGMRCPHYSHANDLER) pfnMMIOHandlerRC; #if HC_ARCH_BITS == 64 RTRCPTR padding; #endif /** Lock serializing EMT access to IOM. */ #ifdef IOM_WITH_CRIT_SECT_RW PDMCRITSECTRW CritSect; #else PDMCRITSECT CritSect; #endif /** @name I/O Port statistics. * @{ */ STAMCOUNTER StatInstIn; STAMCOUNTER StatInstOut; STAMCOUNTER StatInstIns; STAMCOUNTER StatInstOuts; /** @} */ /** @name MMIO statistics. * @{ */ STAMPROFILE StatRZMMIOHandler; STAMCOUNTER StatRZMMIOFailures; STAMPROFILE StatRZInstMov; STAMPROFILE StatRZInstCmp; STAMPROFILE StatRZInstAnd; STAMPROFILE StatRZInstOr; STAMPROFILE StatRZInstXor; STAMPROFILE StatRZInstBt; STAMPROFILE StatRZInstTest; STAMPROFILE StatRZInstXchg; STAMPROFILE StatRZInstStos; STAMPROFILE StatRZInstLods; #ifdef IOM_WITH_MOVS_SUPPORT STAMPROFILEADV StatRZInstMovs; STAMPROFILE StatRZInstMovsToMMIO; STAMPROFILE StatRZInstMovsFromMMIO; STAMPROFILE StatRZInstMovsMMIO; #endif STAMCOUNTER StatRZInstOther; STAMCOUNTER StatRZMMIO1Byte; STAMCOUNTER StatRZMMIO2Bytes; STAMCOUNTER StatRZMMIO4Bytes; STAMCOUNTER StatRZMMIO8Bytes; STAMCOUNTER StatR3MMIOHandler; RTUINT cMovsMaxBytes; RTUINT cStosMaxBytes; /** @} */ } IOM; /** Pointer to IOM instance data. */ typedef IOM *PIOM; /** * IOM per virtual CPU instance data. */ typedef struct IOMCPU { /** For saving stack space, the disassembler state is allocated here instead of * on the stack. */ DISCPUSTATE DisState; /** @name Caching of I/O Port and MMIO ranges and statistics. * (Saves quite some time in rep outs/ins instruction emulation.) * @{ */ R3PTRTYPE(PIOMIOPORTRANGER3) pRangeLastReadR3; R3PTRTYPE(PIOMIOPORTRANGER3) pRangeLastWriteR3; R3PTRTYPE(PIOMIOPORTSTATS) pStatsLastReadR3; R3PTRTYPE(PIOMIOPORTSTATS) pStatsLastWriteR3; R3PTRTYPE(PIOMMMIORANGE) pMMIORangeLastR3; R3PTRTYPE(PIOMMMIOSTATS) pMMIOStatsLastR3; R0PTRTYPE(PIOMIOPORTRANGER0) pRangeLastReadR0; R0PTRTYPE(PIOMIOPORTRANGER0) pRangeLastWriteR0; R0PTRTYPE(PIOMIOPORTSTATS) pStatsLastReadR0; R0PTRTYPE(PIOMIOPORTSTATS) pStatsLastWriteR0; R0PTRTYPE(PIOMMMIORANGE) pMMIORangeLastR0; R0PTRTYPE(PIOMMMIOSTATS) pMMIOStatsLastR0; RCPTRTYPE(PIOMIOPORTRANGERC) pRangeLastReadRC; RCPTRTYPE(PIOMIOPORTRANGERC) pRangeLastWriteRC; RCPTRTYPE(PIOMIOPORTSTATS) pStatsLastReadRC; RCPTRTYPE(PIOMIOPORTSTATS) pStatsLastWriteRC; RCPTRTYPE(PIOMMMIORANGE) pMMIORangeLastRC; RCPTRTYPE(PIOMMMIOSTATS) pMMIOStatsLastRC; /** @} */ } IOMCPU; /** Pointer to IOM per virtual CPU instance data. */ typedef IOMCPU *PIOMCPU; RT_C_DECLS_BEGIN void iomMmioFreeRange(PVM pVM, PIOMMMIORANGE pRange); #ifdef IN_RING3 PIOMMMIOSTATS iomR3MMIOStatsCreate(PVM pVM, RTGCPHYS GCPhys, const char *pszDesc); #endif /* IN_RING3 */ VMMDECL(int) IOMMMIOHandler(PVM pVM, RTGCUINT uErrorCode, PCPUMCTXCORE pRegFrame, RTGCPTR pvFault, RTGCPHYS GCPhysFault, void *pvUser); #ifdef IN_RING3 DECLCALLBACK(int) IOMR3MMIOHandler(PVM pVM, RTGCPHYS GCPhys, void *pvPhys, void *pvBuf, size_t cbBuf, PGMACCESSTYPE enmAccessType, void *pvUser); #endif /* IOM locking helpers. */ #ifdef IOM_WITH_CRIT_SECT_RW # define IOM_LOCK_EXCL(a_pVM) PDMCritSectRwEnterExcl(&(a_pVM)->iom.s.CritSect, VERR_SEM_BUSY) # define IOM_UNLOCK_EXCL(a_pVM) do { PDMCritSectRwLeaveExcl(&(a_pVM)->iom.s.CritSect); } while (0) # if 0 /* (in case needed for debugging) */ # define IOM_LOCK_SHARED_EX(a_pVM, a_rcBusy) PDMCritSectRwEnterExcl(&(a_pVM)->iom.s.CritSect, (a_rcBusy)) # define IOM_UNLOCK_SHARED(a_pVM) do { PDMCritSectRwLeaveExcl(&(a_pVM)->iom.s.CritSect); } while (0) # define IOM_IS_SHARED_LOCK_OWNER(a_pVM) PDMCritSectRwIsWriteOwner(&(a_pVM)->iom.s.CritSect) # else # define IOM_LOCK_SHARED_EX(a_pVM, a_rcBusy) PDMCritSectRwEnterShared(&(a_pVM)->iom.s.CritSect, (a_rcBusy)) # define IOM_UNLOCK_SHARED(a_pVM) do { PDMCritSectRwLeaveShared(&(a_pVM)->iom.s.CritSect); } while (0) # define IOM_IS_SHARED_LOCK_OWNER(a_pVM) PDMCritSectRwIsReadOwner(&(a_pVM)->iom.s.CritSect, true) # endif # define IOM_IS_EXCL_LOCK_OWNER(a_pVM) PDMCritSectRwIsWriteOwner(&(a_pVM)->iom.s.CritSect) #else # define IOM_LOCK_EXCL(a_pVM) PDMCritSectEnter(&(a_pVM)->iom.s.CritSect, VERR_SEM_BUSY) # define IOM_UNLOCK_EXCL(a_pVM) do { PDMCritSectLeave(&(a_pVM)->iom.s.CritSect); } while (0) # define IOM_LOCK_SHARED_EX(a_pVM, a_rcBusy) PDMCritSectEnter(&(a_pVM)->iom.s.CritSect, (a_rcBusy)) # define IOM_UNLOCK_SHARED(a_pVM) do { PDMCritSectLeave(&(a_pVM)->iom.s.CritSect); } while (0) # define IOM_IS_SHARED_LOCK_OWNER(a_pVM) PDMCritSectIsOwner(&(a_pVM)->iom.s.CritSect) # define IOM_IS_EXCL_LOCK_OWNER(a_pVM) PDMCritSectIsOwner(&(a_pVM)->iom.s.CritSect) #endif #define IOM_LOCK_SHARED(a_pVM) IOM_LOCK_SHARED_EX(a_pVM, VERR_SEM_BUSY) /* Disassembly helpers used in IOMAll.cpp & IOMAllMMIO.cpp */ bool iomGetRegImmData(PDISCPUSTATE pCpu, PCDISOPPARAM pParam, PCPUMCTXCORE pRegFrame, uint64_t *pu64Data, unsigned *pcbSize); bool iomSaveDataToReg(PDISCPUSTATE pCpu, PCDISOPPARAM pParam, PCPUMCTXCORE pRegFrame, uint64_t u64Data); RT_C_DECLS_END #ifdef IN_RING3 #endif /** @} */ #endif /* !___IOMInternal_h */