/* $Id: CPUM.cpp 19334 2009-05-04 16:03:57Z vboxsync $ */ /** @file * CPUM - CPU Monitor / Manager. */ /* * Copyright (C) 2006-2007 Sun Microsystems, Inc. * * This file is part of VirtualBox Open Source Edition (OSE), as * available from http://www.virtualbox.org. This file is free software; * you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU * General Public License (GPL) as published by the Free Software * Foundation, in version 2 as it comes in the "COPYING" file of the * VirtualBox OSE distribution. VirtualBox OSE is distributed in the * hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY of any kind. * * Please contact Sun Microsystems, Inc., 4150 Network Circle, Santa * Clara, CA 95054 USA or visit http://www.sun.com if you need * additional information or have any questions. */ /** @page pg_cpum CPUM - CPU Monitor / Manager * * The CPU Monitor / Manager keeps track of all the CPU registers. It is * also responsible for lazy FPU handling and some of the context loading * in raw mode. * * There are three CPU contexts, the most important one is the guest one (GC). * When running in raw-mode (RC) there is a special hyper context for the VMM * part that floats around inside the guest address space. When running in * raw-mode, CPUM also maintains a host context for saving and restoring * registers accross world switches. This latter is done in cooperation with the * world switcher (@see pg_vmm). * * @see grp_cpum */ /******************************************************************************* * Header Files * *******************************************************************************/ #define LOG_GROUP LOG_GROUP_CPUM #include #include #include #include #include #include #include #include #include #include #include "CPUMInternal.h" #include #include #include #include #include #include #include #include #include #include /******************************************************************************* * Defined Constants And Macros * *******************************************************************************/ /** The saved state version. */ #define CPUM_SAVED_STATE_VERSION 10 /** The saved state version for the 2.1 trunk before the MSR changes. */ #define CPUM_SAVED_STATE_VERSION_VER2_1_NOMSR 9 /** The saved state version of 2.0, used for backwards compatibility. */ #define CPUM_SAVED_STATE_VERSION_VER2_0 8 /** The saved state version of 1.6, used for backwards compatability. */ #define CPUM_SAVED_STATE_VERSION_VER1_6 6 /******************************************************************************* * Structures and Typedefs * *******************************************************************************/ /** * What kind of cpu info dump to perform. */ typedef enum CPUMDUMPTYPE { CPUMDUMPTYPE_TERSE, CPUMDUMPTYPE_DEFAULT, CPUMDUMPTYPE_VERBOSE } CPUMDUMPTYPE; /** Pointer to a cpu info dump type. */ typedef CPUMDUMPTYPE *PCPUMDUMPTYPE; /******************************************************************************* * Internal Functions * *******************************************************************************/ static int cpumR3CpuIdInit(PVM pVM); static DECLCALLBACK(int) cpumR3Save(PVM pVM, PSSMHANDLE pSSM); static DECLCALLBACK(int) cpumR3Load(PVM pVM, PSSMHANDLE pSSM, uint32_t u32Version); static DECLCALLBACK(void) cpumR3InfoAll(PVM pVM, PCDBGFINFOHLP pHlp, const char *pszArgs); static DECLCALLBACK(void) cpumR3InfoGuest(PVM pVM, PCDBGFINFOHLP pHlp, const char *pszArgs); static DECLCALLBACK(void) cpumR3InfoGuestInstr(PVM pVM, PCDBGFINFOHLP pHlp, const char *pszArgs); static DECLCALLBACK(void) cpumR3InfoHyper(PVM pVM, PCDBGFINFOHLP pHlp, const char *pszArgs); static DECLCALLBACK(void) cpumR3InfoHost(PVM pVM, PCDBGFINFOHLP pHlp, const char *pszArgs); static DECLCALLBACK(void) cpumR3CpuIdInfo(PVM pVM, PCDBGFINFOHLP pHlp, const char *pszArgs); /** * Initializes the CPUM. * * @returns VBox status code. * @param pVM The VM to operate on. */ VMMR3DECL(int) CPUMR3Init(PVM pVM) { LogFlow(("CPUMR3Init\n")); /* * Assert alignment and sizes. */ AssertCompileMemberAlignment(VM, cpum.s, 32); AssertCompile(sizeof(pVM->cpum.s) <= sizeof(pVM->cpum.padding)); AssertCompileSizeAlignment(CPUMCTX, 64); AssertCompileSizeAlignment(CPUMCTXMSR, 64); AssertCompileSizeAlignment(CPUMHOSTCTX, 64); AssertCompileMemberAlignment(VM, cpum, 64); AssertCompileMemberAlignment(VM, aCpus, 64); AssertCompileMemberAlignment(VMCPU, cpum.s, 64); AssertCompileMemberSizeAlignment(VM, aCpus[0].cpum.s, 64); /* Calculate the offset from CPUM to CPUMCPU for the first CPU. */ pVM->cpum.s.ulOffCPUMCPU = RT_OFFSETOF(VM, aCpus[0].cpum) - RT_OFFSETOF(VM, cpum); Assert((uintptr_t)&pVM->cpum + pVM->cpum.s.ulOffCPUMCPU == (uintptr_t)&pVM->aCpus[0].cpum); /* Calculate the offset from CPUMCPU to CPUM. */ for (unsigned i=0;icCPUs;i++) { PVMCPU pVCpu = &pVM->aCpus[i]; /* * Setup any fixed pointers and offsets. */ pVCpu->cpum.s.pHyperCoreR3 = CPUMCTX2CORE(&pVCpu->cpum.s.Hyper); pVCpu->cpum.s.pHyperCoreR0 = VM_R0_ADDR(pVM, CPUMCTX2CORE(&pVCpu->cpum.s.Hyper)); pVCpu->cpum.s.ulOffCPUM = RT_OFFSETOF(VM, aCpus[i].cpum) - RT_OFFSETOF(VM, cpum); Assert((uintptr_t)&pVCpu->cpum - pVCpu->cpum.s.ulOffCPUM == (uintptr_t)&pVM->cpum); } /* * Check that the CPU supports the minimum features we require. */ if (!ASMHasCpuId()) { Log(("The CPU doesn't support CPUID!\n")); return VERR_UNSUPPORTED_CPU; } ASMCpuId_ECX_EDX(1, &pVM->cpum.s.CPUFeatures.ecx, &pVM->cpum.s.CPUFeatures.edx); ASMCpuId_ECX_EDX(0x80000001, &pVM->cpum.s.CPUFeaturesExt.ecx, &pVM->cpum.s.CPUFeaturesExt.edx); /* Setup the CR4 AND and OR masks used in the switcher */ /* Depends on the presence of FXSAVE(SSE) support on the host CPU */ if (!pVM->cpum.s.CPUFeatures.edx.u1FXSR) { Log(("The CPU doesn't support FXSAVE/FXRSTOR!\n")); /* No FXSAVE implies no SSE */ pVM->cpum.s.CR4.AndMask = X86_CR4_PVI | X86_CR4_VME; pVM->cpum.s.CR4.OrMask = 0; } else { pVM->cpum.s.CR4.AndMask = X86_CR4_OSXMMEEXCPT | X86_CR4_PVI | X86_CR4_VME; pVM->cpum.s.CR4.OrMask = X86_CR4_OSFSXR; } if (!pVM->cpum.s.CPUFeatures.edx.u1MMX) { Log(("The CPU doesn't support MMX!\n")); return VERR_UNSUPPORTED_CPU; } if (!pVM->cpum.s.CPUFeatures.edx.u1TSC) { Log(("The CPU doesn't support TSC!\n")); return VERR_UNSUPPORTED_CPU; } /* Bogus on AMD? */ if (!pVM->cpum.s.CPUFeatures.edx.u1SEP) Log(("The CPU doesn't support SYSENTER/SYSEXIT!\n")); /* * Setup hypervisor startup values. */ /* * Register saved state data item. */ int rc = SSMR3RegisterInternal(pVM, "cpum", 1, CPUM_SAVED_STATE_VERSION, sizeof(CPUM), NULL, cpumR3Save, NULL, NULL, cpumR3Load, NULL); if (RT_FAILURE(rc)) return rc; /* Query the CPU manufacturer. */ uint32_t uEAX, uEBX, uECX, uEDX; ASMCpuId(0, &uEAX, &uEBX, &uECX, &uEDX); if ( uEAX >= 1 && uEBX == X86_CPUID_VENDOR_AMD_EBX && uECX == X86_CPUID_VENDOR_AMD_ECX && uEDX == X86_CPUID_VENDOR_AMD_EDX) pVM->cpum.s.enmCPUVendor = CPUMCPUVENDOR_AMD; else if ( uEAX >= 1 && uEBX == X86_CPUID_VENDOR_INTEL_EBX && uECX == X86_CPUID_VENDOR_INTEL_ECX && uEDX == X86_CPUID_VENDOR_INTEL_EDX) pVM->cpum.s.enmCPUVendor = CPUMCPUVENDOR_INTEL; else /** @todo Via */ pVM->cpum.s.enmCPUVendor = CPUMCPUVENDOR_UNKNOWN; /* * Register info handlers. */ DBGFR3InfoRegisterInternal(pVM, "cpum", "Displays the all the cpu states.", &cpumR3InfoAll); DBGFR3InfoRegisterInternal(pVM, "cpumguest", "Displays the guest cpu state.", &cpumR3InfoGuest); DBGFR3InfoRegisterInternal(pVM, "cpumhyper", "Displays the hypervisor cpu state.", &cpumR3InfoHyper); DBGFR3InfoRegisterInternal(pVM, "cpumhost", "Displays the host cpu state.", &cpumR3InfoHost); DBGFR3InfoRegisterInternal(pVM, "cpuid", "Displays the guest cpuid leaves.", &cpumR3CpuIdInfo); DBGFR3InfoRegisterInternal(pVM, "cpumguestinstr", "Displays the current guest instruction.", &cpumR3InfoGuestInstr); /* * Initialize the Guest CPU state. */ rc = cpumR3CpuIdInit(pVM); if (RT_FAILURE(rc)) return rc; CPUMR3Reset(pVM); return VINF_SUCCESS; } /** * Initializes the per-VCPU CPUM. * * @returns VBox status code. * @param pVM The VM to operate on. */ VMMR3DECL(int) CPUMR3InitCPU(PVM pVM) { LogFlow(("CPUMR3InitCPU\n")); return VINF_SUCCESS; } /** * Initializes the emulated CPU's cpuid information. * * @returns VBox status code. * @param pVM The VM to operate on. */ static int cpumR3CpuIdInit(PVM pVM) { PCPUM pCPUM = &pVM->cpum.s; uint32_t i; /* * Get the host CPUIDs. */ for (i = 0; i < RT_ELEMENTS(pVM->cpum.s.aGuestCpuIdStd); i++) ASMCpuId_Idx_ECX(i, 0, &pCPUM->aGuestCpuIdStd[i].eax, &pCPUM->aGuestCpuIdStd[i].ebx, &pCPUM->aGuestCpuIdStd[i].ecx, &pCPUM->aGuestCpuIdStd[i].edx); for (i = 0; i < RT_ELEMENTS(pCPUM->aGuestCpuIdExt); i++) ASMCpuId(0x80000000 + i, &pCPUM->aGuestCpuIdExt[i].eax, &pCPUM->aGuestCpuIdExt[i].ebx, &pCPUM->aGuestCpuIdExt[i].ecx, &pCPUM->aGuestCpuIdExt[i].edx); for (i = 0; i < RT_ELEMENTS(pCPUM->aGuestCpuIdCentaur); i++) ASMCpuId(0xc0000000 + i, &pCPUM->aGuestCpuIdCentaur[i].eax, &pCPUM->aGuestCpuIdCentaur[i].ebx, &pCPUM->aGuestCpuIdCentaur[i].ecx, &pCPUM->aGuestCpuIdCentaur[i].edx); /* * Only report features we can support. */ pCPUM->aGuestCpuIdStd[1].edx &= X86_CPUID_FEATURE_EDX_FPU | X86_CPUID_FEATURE_EDX_VME | X86_CPUID_FEATURE_EDX_DE | X86_CPUID_FEATURE_EDX_PSE | X86_CPUID_FEATURE_EDX_TSC | X86_CPUID_FEATURE_EDX_MSR //| X86_CPUID_FEATURE_EDX_PAE - not implemented yet. | X86_CPUID_FEATURE_EDX_MCE | X86_CPUID_FEATURE_EDX_CX8 //| X86_CPUID_FEATURE_EDX_APIC - set by the APIC device if present. /** @note we don't report sysenter/sysexit support due to our inability to keep the IOPL part of eflags in sync while in ring 1 (see #1757) */ //| X86_CPUID_FEATURE_EDX_SEP | X86_CPUID_FEATURE_EDX_MTRR | X86_CPUID_FEATURE_EDX_PGE | X86_CPUID_FEATURE_EDX_MCA | X86_CPUID_FEATURE_EDX_CMOV | X86_CPUID_FEATURE_EDX_PAT | X86_CPUID_FEATURE_EDX_PSE36 //| X86_CPUID_FEATURE_EDX_PSN - no serial number. | X86_CPUID_FEATURE_EDX_CLFSH //| X86_CPUID_FEATURE_EDX_DS - no debug store. //| X86_CPUID_FEATURE_EDX_ACPI - not virtualized yet. | X86_CPUID_FEATURE_EDX_MMX | X86_CPUID_FEATURE_EDX_FXSR | X86_CPUID_FEATURE_EDX_SSE | X86_CPUID_FEATURE_EDX_SSE2 //| X86_CPUID_FEATURE_EDX_SS - no self snoop. //| X86_CPUID_FEATURE_EDX_HTT - no hyperthreading. //| X86_CPUID_FEATURE_EDX_TM - no thermal monitor. //| X86_CPUID_FEATURE_EDX_PBE - no pneding break enabled. | 0; pCPUM->aGuestCpuIdStd[1].ecx &= 0 | X86_CPUID_FEATURE_ECX_SSE3 | X86_CPUID_FEATURE_ECX_MONITOR //| X86_CPUID_FEATURE_ECX_CPLDS - no CPL qualified debug store. //| X86_CPUID_FEATURE_ECX_VMX - not virtualized. //| X86_CPUID_FEATURE_ECX_EST - no extended speed step. //| X86_CPUID_FEATURE_ECX_TM2 - no thermal monitor 2. //| X86_CPUID_FEATURE_ECX_SSSE3 - no SSSE3 support //| X86_CPUID_FEATURE_ECX_CNTXID - no L1 context id (MSR++). //| X86_CPUID_FEATURE_ECX_CX16 - no cmpxchg16b /* ECX Bit 14 - xTPR Update Control. Processor supports changing IA32_MISC_ENABLES[bit 23]. */ //| X86_CPUID_FEATURE_ECX_TPRUPDATE /* ECX Bit 21 - x2APIC support - not yet. */ // | X86_CPUID_FEATURE_ECX_X2APIC /* ECX Bit 23 - POPCOUNT instruction. */ //| X86_CPUID_FEATURE_ECX_POPCOUNT | 0; /* ASSUMES that this is ALWAYS the AMD define feature set if present. */ pCPUM->aGuestCpuIdExt[1].edx &= X86_CPUID_AMD_FEATURE_EDX_FPU | X86_CPUID_AMD_FEATURE_EDX_VME | X86_CPUID_AMD_FEATURE_EDX_DE | X86_CPUID_AMD_FEATURE_EDX_PSE | X86_CPUID_AMD_FEATURE_EDX_TSC | X86_CPUID_AMD_FEATURE_EDX_MSR //?? this means AMD MSRs.. //| X86_CPUID_AMD_FEATURE_EDX_PAE - not implemented yet. //| X86_CPUID_AMD_FEATURE_EDX_MCE - not virtualized yet. | X86_CPUID_AMD_FEATURE_EDX_CX8 //| X86_CPUID_AMD_FEATURE_EDX_APIC - set by the APIC device if present. /** @note we don't report sysenter/sysexit support due to our inability to keep the IOPL part of eflags in sync while in ring 1 (see #1757) */ //| X86_CPUID_AMD_FEATURE_EDX_SEP | X86_CPUID_AMD_FEATURE_EDX_MTRR | X86_CPUID_AMD_FEATURE_EDX_PGE | X86_CPUID_AMD_FEATURE_EDX_MCA | X86_CPUID_AMD_FEATURE_EDX_CMOV | X86_CPUID_AMD_FEATURE_EDX_PAT | X86_CPUID_AMD_FEATURE_EDX_PSE36 //| X86_CPUID_AMD_FEATURE_EDX_NX - not virtualized, requires PAE. //| X86_CPUID_AMD_FEATURE_EDX_AXMMX | X86_CPUID_AMD_FEATURE_EDX_MMX | X86_CPUID_AMD_FEATURE_EDX_FXSR | X86_CPUID_AMD_FEATURE_EDX_FFXSR //| X86_CPUID_AMD_FEATURE_EDX_PAGE1GB //| X86_CPUID_AMD_FEATURE_EDX_RDTSCP - AMD only; turned on when necessary //| X86_CPUID_AMD_FEATURE_EDX_LONG_MODE - turned on when necessary | X86_CPUID_AMD_FEATURE_EDX_3DNOW_EX | X86_CPUID_AMD_FEATURE_EDX_3DNOW | 0; pCPUM->aGuestCpuIdExt[1].ecx &= 0 //| X86_CPUID_AMD_FEATURE_ECX_LAHF_SAHF //| X86_CPUID_AMD_FEATURE_ECX_CMPL //| X86_CPUID_AMD_FEATURE_ECX_SVM - not virtualized. //| X86_CPUID_AMD_FEATURE_ECX_EXT_APIC //| X86_CPUID_AMD_FEATURE_ECX_CR8L //| X86_CPUID_AMD_FEATURE_ECX_ABM //| X86_CPUID_AMD_FEATURE_ECX_SSE4A //| X86_CPUID_AMD_FEATURE_ECX_MISALNSSE //| X86_CPUID_AMD_FEATURE_ECX_3DNOWPRF //| X86_CPUID_AMD_FEATURE_ECX_OSVW //| X86_CPUID_AMD_FEATURE_ECX_SKINIT //| X86_CPUID_AMD_FEATURE_ECX_WDT | 0; /* * Hide HTT, multicode, SMP, whatever. * (APIC-ID := 0 and #LogCpus := 0) */ pCPUM->aGuestCpuIdStd[1].ebx &= 0x0000ffff; #ifdef VBOX_WITH_MULTI_CORE /* Set the Maximum number of addressable IDs for logical processors in this physical package (bits 16-23) */ pCPUM->aGuestCpuIdStd[1].ebx |= ((pVM->cCPUs - 1) << 16); if (pVM->cCPUs > 1) pCPUM->aGuestCpuIdStd[1].edx |= X86_CPUID_FEATURE_EDX_HTT; /* necessary for hyper-threading *or* multi-core CPUs */ #endif /* Cpuid 2: * Intel: Cache and TLB information * AMD: Reserved * Safe to expose */ /* Cpuid 3: * Intel: EAX, EBX - reserved * ECX, EDX - Processor Serial Number if available, otherwise reserved * AMD: Reserved * Safe to expose */ if (!(pCPUM->aGuestCpuIdStd[1].edx & X86_CPUID_FEATURE_EDX_PSN)) pCPUM->aGuestCpuIdStd[3].ecx = pCPUM->aGuestCpuIdStd[3].edx = 0; /* Cpuid 4: * Intel: Deterministic Cache Parameters Leaf * Note: Depends on the ECX input! -> Feeling rather lazy now, so we just return 0 * AMD: Reserved * Safe to expose, except for EAX: * Bits 25-14: Maximum number of addressable IDs for logical processors sharing this cache (see note)** * Bits 31-26: Maximum number of processor cores in this physical package** * @Note These SMP values are constant regardless of ECX */ pCPUM->aGuestCpuIdStd[4].ecx = pCPUM->aGuestCpuIdStd[4].edx = 0; pCPUM->aGuestCpuIdStd[4].eax = pCPUM->aGuestCpuIdStd[4].ebx = 0; #ifdef VBOX_WITH_MULTI_CORE if (pVM->cpum.s.enmCPUVendor == CPUMCPUVENDOR_INTEL) { /* One logical processor with possibly multiple cores. */ pCPUM->aGuestCpuIdStd[4].eax |= ((pVM->cCPUs - 1) << 26); /* 6 bits only -> 64 cores! */ } #endif /* Cpuid 5: Monitor/mwait Leaf * Intel: ECX, EDX - reserved * EAX, EBX - Smallest and largest monitor line size * AMD: EDX - reserved * EAX, EBX - Smallest and largest monitor line size * ECX - extensions (ignored for now) * Safe to expose */ if (!(pCPUM->aGuestCpuIdStd[1].ecx & X86_CPUID_FEATURE_ECX_MONITOR)) pCPUM->aGuestCpuIdStd[5].eax = pCPUM->aGuestCpuIdStd[5].ebx = 0; pCPUM->aGuestCpuIdStd[5].ecx = pCPUM->aGuestCpuIdStd[5].edx = 0; /* * Determine the default. * * Intel returns values of the highest standard function, while AMD * returns zeros. VIA on the other hand seems to returning nothing or * perhaps some random garbage, we don't try to duplicate this behavior. */ ASMCpuId(pCPUM->aGuestCpuIdStd[0].eax + 10, &pCPUM->GuestCpuIdDef.eax, &pCPUM->GuestCpuIdDef.ebx, &pCPUM->GuestCpuIdDef.ecx, &pCPUM->GuestCpuIdDef.edx); /* Cpuid 0x800000005 & 0x800000006 contain information about L1, L2 & L3 cache and TLB identifiers. * Safe to pass on to the guest. * * Intel: 0x800000005 reserved * 0x800000006 L2 cache information * AMD: 0x800000005 L1 cache information * 0x800000006 L2/L3 cache information */ /* Cpuid 0x800000007: * AMD: EAX, EBX, ECX - reserved * EDX: Advanced Power Management Information * Intel: Reserved */ if (pCPUM->aGuestCpuIdExt[0].eax >= UINT32_C(0x80000007)) { Assert(pVM->cpum.s.enmCPUVendor != CPUMCPUVENDOR_INVALID); pCPUM->aGuestCpuIdExt[7].eax = pCPUM->aGuestCpuIdExt[7].ebx = pCPUM->aGuestCpuIdExt[7].ecx = 0; if (pVM->cpum.s.enmCPUVendor == CPUMCPUVENDOR_AMD) { /* Only expose the TSC invariant capability bit to the guest. */ pCPUM->aGuestCpuIdExt[7].edx &= 0 //| X86_CPUID_AMD_ADVPOWER_EDX_TS //| X86_CPUID_AMD_ADVPOWER_EDX_FID //| X86_CPUID_AMD_ADVPOWER_EDX_VID //| X86_CPUID_AMD_ADVPOWER_EDX_TTP //| X86_CPUID_AMD_ADVPOWER_EDX_TM //| X86_CPUID_AMD_ADVPOWER_EDX_STC //| X86_CPUID_AMD_ADVPOWER_EDX_MC //| X86_CPUID_AMD_ADVPOWER_EDX_HWPSTATE | X86_CPUID_AMD_ADVPOWER_EDX_TSCINVAR | 0; } else pCPUM->aGuestCpuIdExt[7].edx = 0; } /* Cpuid 0x800000008: * AMD: EBX, EDX - reserved * EAX: Virtual/Physical address Size * ECX: Number of cores + APICIdCoreIdSize * Intel: EAX: Virtual/Physical address Size * EBX, ECX, EDX - reserved */ if (pCPUM->aGuestCpuIdExt[0].eax >= UINT32_C(0x80000008)) { /* Only expose the virtual and physical address sizes to the guest. (EAX completely) */ pCPUM->aGuestCpuIdExt[8].ebx = pCPUM->aGuestCpuIdExt[8].edx = 0; /* reserved */ /* Set APICIdCoreIdSize to zero (use legacy method to determine the number of cores per cpu) * NC (0-7) Number of cores; 0 equals 1 core */ pCPUM->aGuestCpuIdExt[8].ecx = 0; #ifdef VBOX_WITH_MULTI_CORE if (pVM->cpum.s.enmCPUVendor == CPUMCPUVENDOR_AMD) { } #endif } /* * Limit it the number of entries and fill the remaining with the defaults. * * The limits are masking off stuff about power saving and similar, this * is perhaps a bit crudely done as there is probably some relatively harmless * info too in these leaves (like words about having a constant TSC). */ #if 0 /** @todo NT4 installation regression - investigate */ /** Note from Intel manuals: * CPUID leaves > 3 < 80000000 are visible only when * IA32_MISC_ENABLES.BOOT_NT4[bit 22] = 0 (default). * */ if (pCPUM->aGuestCpuIdStd[0].eax > 5) pCPUM->aGuestCpuIdStd[0].eax = 5; #else if (pCPUM->aGuestCpuIdStd[0].eax > 2) pCPUM->aGuestCpuIdStd[0].eax = 2; #endif for (i = pCPUM->aGuestCpuIdStd[0].eax + 1; i < RT_ELEMENTS(pCPUM->aGuestCpuIdStd); i++) pCPUM->aGuestCpuIdStd[i] = pCPUM->GuestCpuIdDef; if (pCPUM->aGuestCpuIdExt[0].eax > UINT32_C(0x80000008)) pCPUM->aGuestCpuIdExt[0].eax = UINT32_C(0x80000008); for (i = pCPUM->aGuestCpuIdExt[0].eax >= UINT32_C(0x80000000) ? pCPUM->aGuestCpuIdExt[0].eax - UINT32_C(0x80000000) + 1 : 0; i < RT_ELEMENTS(pCPUM->aGuestCpuIdExt); i++) pCPUM->aGuestCpuIdExt[i] = pCPUM->GuestCpuIdDef; /* * Workaround for missing cpuid(0) patches: If we miss to patch a cpuid(0).eax then * Linux tries to determine the number of processors from (cpuid(4).eax >> 26) + 1. * We currently don't support more than 1 processor. */ pCPUM->aGuestCpuIdStd[4].eax = 0; /* * Centaur stuff (VIA). * * The important part here (we think) is to make sure the 0xc0000000 * function returns 0xc0000001. As for the features, we don't currently * let on about any of those... 0xc0000002 seems to be some * temperature/hz/++ stuff, include it as well (static). */ if ( pCPUM->aGuestCpuIdCentaur[0].eax >= UINT32_C(0xc0000000) && pCPUM->aGuestCpuIdCentaur[0].eax <= UINT32_C(0xc0000004)) { pCPUM->aGuestCpuIdCentaur[0].eax = RT_MIN(pCPUM->aGuestCpuIdCentaur[0].eax, UINT32_C(0xc0000002)); pCPUM->aGuestCpuIdCentaur[1].edx = 0; /* all features hidden */ for (i = pCPUM->aGuestCpuIdCentaur[0].eax - UINT32_C(0xc0000000); i < RT_ELEMENTS(pCPUM->aGuestCpuIdCentaur); i++) pCPUM->aGuestCpuIdCentaur[i] = pCPUM->GuestCpuIdDef; } else for (i = 0; i < RT_ELEMENTS(pCPUM->aGuestCpuIdCentaur); i++) pCPUM->aGuestCpuIdCentaur[i] = pCPUM->GuestCpuIdDef; /* * Load CPUID overrides from configuration. */ /** @cfgm{CPUM/CPUID/[000000xx|800000xx|c000000x]/[eax|ebx|ecx|edx],32-bit} * Overloads the CPUID leaf values. */ PCPUMCPUID pCpuId = &pCPUM->aGuestCpuIdStd[0]; uint32_t cElements = RT_ELEMENTS(pCPUM->aGuestCpuIdStd); for (i=0;; ) { while (cElements-- > 0) { PCFGMNODE pNode = CFGMR3GetChildF(CFGMR3GetRoot(pVM), "CPUM/CPUID/%RX32", i); if (pNode) { uint32_t u32; int rc = CFGMR3QueryU32(pNode, "eax", &u32); if (RT_SUCCESS(rc)) pCpuId->eax = u32; else AssertReturn(rc == VERR_CFGM_VALUE_NOT_FOUND, rc); rc = CFGMR3QueryU32(pNode, "ebx", &u32); if (RT_SUCCESS(rc)) pCpuId->ebx = u32; else AssertReturn(rc == VERR_CFGM_VALUE_NOT_FOUND, rc); rc = CFGMR3QueryU32(pNode, "ecx", &u32); if (RT_SUCCESS(rc)) pCpuId->ecx = u32; else AssertReturn(rc == VERR_CFGM_VALUE_NOT_FOUND, rc); rc = CFGMR3QueryU32(pNode, "edx", &u32); if (RT_SUCCESS(rc)) pCpuId->edx = u32; else AssertReturn(rc == VERR_CFGM_VALUE_NOT_FOUND, rc); } pCpuId++; i++; } /* next */ if ((i & UINT32_C(0xc0000000)) == 0) { pCpuId = &pCPUM->aGuestCpuIdExt[0]; cElements = RT_ELEMENTS(pCPUM->aGuestCpuIdExt); i = UINT32_C(0x80000000); } else if ((i & UINT32_C(0xc0000000)) == UINT32_C(0x80000000)) { pCpuId = &pCPUM->aGuestCpuIdCentaur[0]; cElements = RT_ELEMENTS(pCPUM->aGuestCpuIdCentaur); i = UINT32_C(0xc0000000); } else break; } /* Check if PAE was explicitely enabled by the user. */ bool fEnable = false; int rc = CFGMR3QueryBool(CFGMR3GetRoot(pVM), "EnablePAE", &fEnable); if (RT_SUCCESS(rc) && fEnable) CPUMSetGuestCpuIdFeature(pVM, CPUMCPUIDFEATURE_PAE); /* * Log the cpuid and we're good. */ RTCPUSET OnlineSet; LogRel(("Logical host processors: %d, processor active mask: %016RX64\n", (int)RTMpGetCount(), RTCpuSetToU64(RTMpGetOnlineSet(&OnlineSet)) )); LogRel(("************************* CPUID dump ************************\n")); DBGFR3Info(pVM, "cpuid", "verbose", DBGFR3InfoLogRelHlp()); LogRel(("\n")); DBGFR3InfoLog(pVM, "cpuid", "verbose"); /* macro */ LogRel(("******************** End of CPUID dump **********************\n")); return VINF_SUCCESS; } /** * Applies relocations to data and code managed by this * component. This function will be called at init and * whenever the VMM need to relocate it self inside the GC. * * The CPUM will update the addresses used by the switcher. * * @param pVM The VM. */ VMMR3DECL(void) CPUMR3Relocate(PVM pVM) { LogFlow(("CPUMR3Relocate\n")); for (unsigned i=0;icCPUs;i++) { PVMCPU pVCpu = &pVM->aCpus[i]; /* * Switcher pointers. */ pVCpu->cpum.s.pHyperCoreRC = MMHyperCCToRC(pVM, pVCpu->cpum.s.pHyperCoreR3); Assert(pVCpu->cpum.s.pHyperCoreRC != NIL_RTRCPTR); } } /** * Terminates the CPUM. * * Termination means cleaning up and freeing all resources, * the VM it self is at this point powered off or suspended. * * @returns VBox status code. * @param pVM The VM to operate on. */ VMMR3DECL(int) CPUMR3Term(PVM pVM) { CPUMR3TermCPU(pVM); return 0; } /** * Terminates the per-VCPU CPUM. * * Termination means cleaning up and freeing all resources, * the VM it self is at this point powered off or suspended. * * @returns VBox status code. * @param pVM The VM to operate on. */ VMMR3DECL(int) CPUMR3TermCPU(PVM pVM) { #ifdef VBOX_WITH_CRASHDUMP_MAGIC for (unsigned i=0;icCPUs;i++) { PVMCPU pVCpu = &pVM->aCpus[i]; PCPUMCTX pCtx = CPUMQueryGuestCtxPtr(pVCpu); memset(pVCpu->cpum.s.aMagic, 0, sizeof(pVCpu->cpum.s.aMagic)); pVCpu->cpum.s.uMagic = 0; pCtx->dr[5] = 0; } #endif return 0; } /** * Resets the CPU. * * @returns VINF_SUCCESS. * @param pVM The VM handle. */ VMMR3DECL(void) CPUMR3Reset(PVM pVM) { /* @todo anything different for VCPU > 0? */ for (unsigned i=0;icCPUs;i++) { PCPUMCTX pCtx = CPUMQueryGuestCtxPtr(&pVM->aCpus[i]); /* * Initialize everything to ZERO first. */ uint32_t fUseFlags = pVM->aCpus[i].cpum.s.fUseFlags & ~CPUM_USED_FPU_SINCE_REM; memset(pCtx, 0, sizeof(*pCtx)); pVM->aCpus[i].cpum.s.fUseFlags = fUseFlags; pCtx->cr0 = X86_CR0_CD | X86_CR0_NW | X86_CR0_ET; //0x60000010 pCtx->eip = 0x0000fff0; pCtx->edx = 0x00000600; /* P6 processor */ pCtx->eflags.Bits.u1Reserved0 = 1; pCtx->cs = 0xf000; pCtx->csHid.u64Base = UINT64_C(0xffff0000); pCtx->csHid.u32Limit = 0x0000ffff; pCtx->csHid.Attr.n.u1DescType = 1; /* code/data segment */ pCtx->csHid.Attr.n.u1Present = 1; pCtx->csHid.Attr.n.u4Type = X86_SEL_TYPE_READ | X86_SEL_TYPE_CODE; pCtx->dsHid.u32Limit = 0x0000ffff; pCtx->dsHid.Attr.n.u1DescType = 1; /* code/data segment */ pCtx->dsHid.Attr.n.u1Present = 1; pCtx->dsHid.Attr.n.u4Type = X86_SEL_TYPE_RW; pCtx->esHid.u32Limit = 0x0000ffff; pCtx->esHid.Attr.n.u1DescType = 1; /* code/data segment */ pCtx->esHid.Attr.n.u1Present = 1; pCtx->esHid.Attr.n.u4Type = X86_SEL_TYPE_RW; pCtx->fsHid.u32Limit = 0x0000ffff; pCtx->fsHid.Attr.n.u1DescType = 1; /* code/data segment */ pCtx->fsHid.Attr.n.u1Present = 1; pCtx->fsHid.Attr.n.u4Type = X86_SEL_TYPE_RW; pCtx->gsHid.u32Limit = 0x0000ffff; pCtx->gsHid.Attr.n.u1DescType = 1; /* code/data segment */ pCtx->gsHid.Attr.n.u1Present = 1; pCtx->gsHid.Attr.n.u4Type = X86_SEL_TYPE_RW; pCtx->ssHid.u32Limit = 0x0000ffff; pCtx->ssHid.Attr.n.u1Present = 1; pCtx->ssHid.Attr.n.u1DescType = 1; /* code/data segment */ pCtx->ssHid.Attr.n.u4Type = X86_SEL_TYPE_RW; pCtx->idtr.cbIdt = 0xffff; pCtx->gdtr.cbGdt = 0xffff; pCtx->ldtrHid.u32Limit = 0xffff; pCtx->ldtrHid.Attr.n.u1Present = 1; pCtx->ldtrHid.Attr.n.u4Type = X86_SEL_TYPE_SYS_LDT; pCtx->trHid.u32Limit = 0xffff; pCtx->trHid.Attr.n.u1Present = 1; pCtx->trHid.Attr.n.u4Type = X86_SEL_TYPE_SYS_286_TSS_BUSY; pCtx->dr[6] = X86_DR6_INIT_VAL; pCtx->dr[7] = X86_DR7_INIT_VAL; pCtx->fpu.FTW = 0xff; /* All tags are set, i.e. the regs are empty. */ pCtx->fpu.FCW = 0x37f; /* Intel 64 and IA-32 Architectures Software Developer's Manual Volume 3A, Table 8-1. IA-32 Processor States Following Power-up, Reset, or INIT */ pCtx->fpu.MXCSR = 0x1F80; /* Init PAT MSR */ pCtx->msrPAT = UINT64_C(0x0007040600070406); /** @todo correct? */ /* Reset EFER; see AMD64 Architecture Programmer's Manual Volume 2: Table 14-1. Initial Processor State * The Intel docs don't mention it. */ pCtx->msrEFER = 0; #ifdef VBOX_WITH_CRASHDUMP_MAGIC /* Magic marker for searching in crash dumps. */ strcpy((char *)pVM->aCpus[i].cpum.s.aMagic, "CPUMCPU Magic"); pVM->aCpus[i].cpum.s.uMagic = UINT64_C(0xDEADBEEFDEADBEEF); pCtx->dr[5] = UINT64_C(0xDEADBEEFDEADBEEF); #endif } } /** * Execute state save operation. * * @returns VBox status code. * @param pVM VM Handle. * @param pSSM SSM operation handle. */ static DECLCALLBACK(int) cpumR3Save(PVM pVM, PSSMHANDLE pSSM) { /* * Save. */ for (unsigned i=0;icCPUs;i++) { PVMCPU pVCpu = &pVM->aCpus[i]; SSMR3PutMem(pSSM, &pVCpu->cpum.s.Hyper, sizeof(pVCpu->cpum.s.Hyper)); } SSMR3PutU32(pSSM, pVM->cCPUs); for (unsigned i=0;icCPUs;i++) { PVMCPU pVCpu = &pVM->aCpus[i]; SSMR3PutMem(pSSM, &pVCpu->cpum.s.Guest, sizeof(pVCpu->cpum.s.Guest)); SSMR3PutU32(pSSM, pVCpu->cpum.s.fUseFlags); SSMR3PutU32(pSSM, pVCpu->cpum.s.fChanged); SSMR3PutMem(pSSM, &pVCpu->cpum.s.GuestMsr, sizeof(pVCpu->cpum.s.GuestMsr)); } SSMR3PutU32(pSSM, RT_ELEMENTS(pVM->cpum.s.aGuestCpuIdStd)); SSMR3PutMem(pSSM, &pVM->cpum.s.aGuestCpuIdStd[0], sizeof(pVM->cpum.s.aGuestCpuIdStd)); SSMR3PutU32(pSSM, RT_ELEMENTS(pVM->cpum.s.aGuestCpuIdExt)); SSMR3PutMem(pSSM, &pVM->cpum.s.aGuestCpuIdExt[0], sizeof(pVM->cpum.s.aGuestCpuIdExt)); SSMR3PutU32(pSSM, RT_ELEMENTS(pVM->cpum.s.aGuestCpuIdCentaur)); SSMR3PutMem(pSSM, &pVM->cpum.s.aGuestCpuIdCentaur[0], sizeof(pVM->cpum.s.aGuestCpuIdCentaur)); SSMR3PutMem(pSSM, &pVM->cpum.s.GuestCpuIdDef, sizeof(pVM->cpum.s.GuestCpuIdDef)); /* Add the cpuid for checking that the cpu is unchanged. */ uint32_t au32CpuId[8] = {0}; ASMCpuId(0, &au32CpuId[0], &au32CpuId[1], &au32CpuId[2], &au32CpuId[3]); ASMCpuId(1, &au32CpuId[4], &au32CpuId[5], &au32CpuId[6], &au32CpuId[7]); return SSMR3PutMem(pSSM, &au32CpuId[0], sizeof(au32CpuId)); } /** * Load a version 1.6 CPUMCTX structure. * * @returns VBox status code. * @param pVM VM Handle. * @param pCpumctx16 Version 1.6 CPUMCTX */ static void cpumR3LoadCPUM1_6(PVM pVM, CPUMCTX_VER1_6 *pCpumctx16) { #define CPUMCTX16_LOADREG(RegName) \ pVM->aCpus[0].cpum.s.Guest.RegName = pCpumctx16->RegName; #define CPUMCTX16_LOADDRXREG(RegName) \ pVM->aCpus[0].cpum.s.Guest.dr[RegName] = pCpumctx16->dr##RegName; #define CPUMCTX16_LOADHIDREG(RegName) \ pVM->aCpus[0].cpum.s.Guest.RegName##Hid.u64Base = pCpumctx16->RegName##Hid.u32Base; \ pVM->aCpus[0].cpum.s.Guest.RegName##Hid.u32Limit = pCpumctx16->RegName##Hid.u32Limit; \ pVM->aCpus[0].cpum.s.Guest.RegName##Hid.Attr = pCpumctx16->RegName##Hid.Attr; #define CPUMCTX16_LOADSEGREG(RegName) \ pVM->aCpus[0].cpum.s.Guest.RegName = pCpumctx16->RegName; \ CPUMCTX16_LOADHIDREG(RegName); pVM->aCpus[0].cpum.s.Guest.fpu = pCpumctx16->fpu; CPUMCTX16_LOADREG(rax); CPUMCTX16_LOADREG(rbx); CPUMCTX16_LOADREG(rcx); CPUMCTX16_LOADREG(rdx); CPUMCTX16_LOADREG(rdi); CPUMCTX16_LOADREG(rsi); CPUMCTX16_LOADREG(rbp); CPUMCTX16_LOADREG(esp); CPUMCTX16_LOADREG(rip); CPUMCTX16_LOADREG(rflags); CPUMCTX16_LOADSEGREG(cs); CPUMCTX16_LOADSEGREG(ds); CPUMCTX16_LOADSEGREG(es); CPUMCTX16_LOADSEGREG(fs); CPUMCTX16_LOADSEGREG(gs); CPUMCTX16_LOADSEGREG(ss); CPUMCTX16_LOADREG(r8); CPUMCTX16_LOADREG(r9); CPUMCTX16_LOADREG(r10); CPUMCTX16_LOADREG(r11); CPUMCTX16_LOADREG(r12); CPUMCTX16_LOADREG(r13); CPUMCTX16_LOADREG(r14); CPUMCTX16_LOADREG(r15); CPUMCTX16_LOADREG(cr0); CPUMCTX16_LOADREG(cr2); CPUMCTX16_LOADREG(cr3); CPUMCTX16_LOADREG(cr4); CPUMCTX16_LOADDRXREG(0); CPUMCTX16_LOADDRXREG(1); CPUMCTX16_LOADDRXREG(2); CPUMCTX16_LOADDRXREG(3); CPUMCTX16_LOADDRXREG(4); CPUMCTX16_LOADDRXREG(5); CPUMCTX16_LOADDRXREG(6); CPUMCTX16_LOADDRXREG(7); pVM->aCpus[0].cpum.s.Guest.gdtr.cbGdt = pCpumctx16->gdtr.cbGdt; pVM->aCpus[0].cpum.s.Guest.gdtr.pGdt = pCpumctx16->gdtr.pGdt; pVM->aCpus[0].cpum.s.Guest.idtr.cbIdt = pCpumctx16->idtr.cbIdt; pVM->aCpus[0].cpum.s.Guest.idtr.pIdt = pCpumctx16->idtr.pIdt; CPUMCTX16_LOADREG(ldtr); CPUMCTX16_LOADREG(tr); pVM->aCpus[0].cpum.s.Guest.SysEnter = pCpumctx16->SysEnter; CPUMCTX16_LOADREG(msrEFER); CPUMCTX16_LOADREG(msrSTAR); CPUMCTX16_LOADREG(msrPAT); CPUMCTX16_LOADREG(msrLSTAR); CPUMCTX16_LOADREG(msrCSTAR); CPUMCTX16_LOADREG(msrSFMASK); CPUMCTX16_LOADREG(msrKERNELGSBASE); CPUMCTX16_LOADHIDREG(ldtr); CPUMCTX16_LOADHIDREG(tr); #undef CPUMCTX16_LOADSEGREG #undef CPUMCTX16_LOADHIDREG #undef CPUMCTX16_LOADDRXREG #undef CPUMCTX16_LOADREG } /** * Execute state load operation. * * @returns VBox status code. * @param pVM VM Handle. * @param pSSM SSM operation handle. * @param u32Version Data layout version. */ static DECLCALLBACK(int) cpumR3Load(PVM pVM, PSSMHANDLE pSSM, uint32_t u32Version) { /* * Validate version. */ if ( u32Version != CPUM_SAVED_STATE_VERSION && u32Version != CPUM_SAVED_STATE_VERSION_VER2_1_NOMSR && u32Version != CPUM_SAVED_STATE_VERSION_VER2_0 && u32Version != CPUM_SAVED_STATE_VERSION_VER1_6) { AssertMsgFailed(("cpuR3Load: Invalid version u32Version=%d!\n", u32Version)); return VERR_SSM_UNSUPPORTED_DATA_UNIT_VERSION; } /* Set the size of RTGCPTR for SSMR3GetGCPtr. */ if (u32Version == CPUM_SAVED_STATE_VERSION_VER1_6) SSMR3SetGCPtrSize(pSSM, sizeof(RTGCPTR32)); else if (u32Version <= CPUM_SAVED_STATE_VERSION) SSMR3SetGCPtrSize(pSSM, HC_ARCH_BITS == 32 ? sizeof(RTGCPTR32) : sizeof(RTGCPTR)); /* * Restore. */ for (unsigned i=0;icCPUs;i++) { PVMCPU pVCpu = &pVM->aCpus[i]; uint32_t uCR3 = pVCpu->cpum.s.Hyper.cr3; uint32_t uESP = pVCpu->cpum.s.Hyper.esp; /* see VMMR3Relocate(). */ SSMR3GetMem(pSSM, &pVCpu->cpum.s.Hyper, sizeof(pVCpu->cpum.s.Hyper)); pVCpu->cpum.s.Hyper.cr3 = uCR3; pVCpu->cpum.s.Hyper.esp = uESP; } if (u32Version == CPUM_SAVED_STATE_VERSION_VER1_6) { CPUMCTX_VER1_6 cpumctx16; memset(&pVM->aCpus[0].cpum.s.Guest, 0, sizeof(pVM->aCpus[0].cpum.s.Guest)); SSMR3GetMem(pSSM, &cpumctx16, sizeof(cpumctx16)); /* Save the old cpumctx state into the new one. */ cpumR3LoadCPUM1_6(pVM, &cpumctx16); SSMR3GetU32(pSSM, &pVM->aCpus[0].cpum.s.fUseFlags); SSMR3GetU32(pSSM, &pVM->aCpus[0].cpum.s.fChanged); } else { if (u32Version >= CPUM_SAVED_STATE_VERSION_VER2_1_NOMSR) { int rc = SSMR3GetU32(pSSM, &pVM->cCPUs); AssertRCReturn(rc, rc); } if ( !pVM->cCPUs || pVM->cCPUs > VMCPU_MAX_CPU_COUNT || ( u32Version == CPUM_SAVED_STATE_VERSION_VER2_0 && pVM->cCPUs != 1)) { AssertMsgFailed(("Unexpected number of VMCPUs (%d)\n", pVM->cCPUs)); return VERR_SSM_UNEXPECTED_DATA; } for (unsigned i=0;icCPUs;i++) { SSMR3GetMem(pSSM, &pVM->aCpus[i].cpum.s.Guest, sizeof(pVM->aCpus[i].cpum.s.Guest)); SSMR3GetU32(pSSM, &pVM->aCpus[i].cpum.s.fUseFlags); SSMR3GetU32(pSSM, &pVM->aCpus[i].cpum.s.fChanged); if (u32Version == CPUM_SAVED_STATE_VERSION) SSMR3GetMem(pSSM, &pVM->aCpus[i].cpum.s.GuestMsr, sizeof(pVM->aCpus[i].cpum.s.GuestMsr)); } } uint32_t cElements; int rc = SSMR3GetU32(pSSM, &cElements); AssertRCReturn(rc, rc); /* Support old saved states with a smaller standard cpuid array. */ if (cElements > RT_ELEMENTS(pVM->cpum.s.aGuestCpuIdStd)) return VERR_SSM_DATA_UNIT_FORMAT_CHANGED; SSMR3GetMem(pSSM, &pVM->cpum.s.aGuestCpuIdStd[0], cElements*sizeof(pVM->cpum.s.aGuestCpuIdStd[0])); rc = SSMR3GetU32(pSSM, &cElements); AssertRCReturn(rc, rc); if (cElements != RT_ELEMENTS(pVM->cpum.s.aGuestCpuIdExt)) return VERR_SSM_DATA_UNIT_FORMAT_CHANGED; SSMR3GetMem(pSSM, &pVM->cpum.s.aGuestCpuIdExt[0], sizeof(pVM->cpum.s.aGuestCpuIdExt)); rc = SSMR3GetU32(pSSM, &cElements); AssertRCReturn(rc, rc); if (cElements != RT_ELEMENTS(pVM->cpum.s.aGuestCpuIdCentaur)) return VERR_SSM_DATA_UNIT_FORMAT_CHANGED; SSMR3GetMem(pSSM, &pVM->cpum.s.aGuestCpuIdCentaur[0], sizeof(pVM->cpum.s.aGuestCpuIdCentaur)); SSMR3GetMem(pSSM, &pVM->cpum.s.GuestCpuIdDef, sizeof(pVM->cpum.s.GuestCpuIdDef)); /* * Check that the basic cpuid id information is unchanged. * @todo we should check the 64 bits capabilities too! */ uint32_t au32CpuId[8] = {0}; ASMCpuId(0, &au32CpuId[0], &au32CpuId[1], &au32CpuId[2], &au32CpuId[3]); ASMCpuId(1, &au32CpuId[4], &au32CpuId[5], &au32CpuId[6], &au32CpuId[7]); uint32_t au32CpuIdSaved[8]; rc = SSMR3GetMem(pSSM, &au32CpuIdSaved[0], sizeof(au32CpuIdSaved)); if (RT_SUCCESS(rc)) { /* Ignore CPU stepping. */ au32CpuId[4] &= 0xfffffff0; au32CpuIdSaved[4] &= 0xfffffff0; /* Ignore APIC ID (AMD specs). */ au32CpuId[5] &= ~0xff000000; au32CpuIdSaved[5] &= ~0xff000000; /* Ignore the number of Logical CPUs (AMD specs). */ au32CpuId[5] &= ~0x00ff0000; au32CpuIdSaved[5] &= ~0x00ff0000; /* do the compare */ if (memcmp(au32CpuIdSaved, au32CpuId, sizeof(au32CpuIdSaved))) { if (SSMR3HandleGetAfter(pSSM) == SSMAFTER_DEBUG_IT) LogRel(("cpumR3Load: CpuId mismatch! (ignored due to SSMAFTER_DEBUG_IT)\n" "Saved=%.*Rhxs\n" "Real =%.*Rhxs\n", sizeof(au32CpuIdSaved), au32CpuIdSaved, sizeof(au32CpuId), au32CpuId)); else { LogRel(("cpumR3Load: CpuId mismatch!\n" "Saved=%.*Rhxs\n" "Real =%.*Rhxs\n", sizeof(au32CpuIdSaved), au32CpuIdSaved, sizeof(au32CpuId), au32CpuId)); rc = VERR_SSM_LOAD_CPUID_MISMATCH; } } } return rc; } /** * Formats the EFLAGS value into mnemonics. * * @param pszEFlags Where to write the mnemonics. (Assumes sufficient buffer space.) * @param efl The EFLAGS value. */ static void cpumR3InfoFormatFlags(char *pszEFlags, uint32_t efl) { /* * Format the flags. */ static const struct { const char *pszSet; const char *pszClear; uint32_t fFlag; } s_aFlags[] = { { "vip",NULL, X86_EFL_VIP }, { "vif",NULL, X86_EFL_VIF }, { "ac", NULL, X86_EFL_AC }, { "vm", NULL, X86_EFL_VM }, { "rf", NULL, X86_EFL_RF }, { "nt", NULL, X86_EFL_NT }, { "ov", "nv", X86_EFL_OF }, { "dn", "up", X86_EFL_DF }, { "ei", "di", X86_EFL_IF }, { "tf", NULL, X86_EFL_TF }, { "nt", "pl", X86_EFL_SF }, { "nz", "zr", X86_EFL_ZF }, { "ac", "na", X86_EFL_AF }, { "po", "pe", X86_EFL_PF }, { "cy", "nc", X86_EFL_CF }, }; char *psz = pszEFlags; for (unsigned i = 0; i < RT_ELEMENTS(s_aFlags); i++) { const char *pszAdd = s_aFlags[i].fFlag & efl ? s_aFlags[i].pszSet : s_aFlags[i].pszClear; if (pszAdd) { strcpy(psz, pszAdd); psz += strlen(pszAdd); *psz++ = ' '; } } psz[-1] = '\0'; } /** * Formats a full register dump. * * @param pVM VM Handle. * @param pCtx The context to format. * @param pCtxCore The context core to format. * @param pHlp Output functions. * @param enmType The dump type. * @param pszPrefix Register name prefix. */ static void cpumR3InfoOne(PVM pVM, PCPUMCTX pCtx, PCCPUMCTXCORE pCtxCore, PCDBGFINFOHLP pHlp, CPUMDUMPTYPE enmType, const char *pszPrefix) { /* * Format the EFLAGS. */ uint32_t efl = pCtxCore->eflags.u32; char szEFlags[80]; cpumR3InfoFormatFlags(&szEFlags[0], efl); /* * Format the registers. */ switch (enmType) { case CPUMDUMPTYPE_TERSE: if (CPUMIsGuestIn64BitCodeEx(pCtx)) pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, "%srax=%016RX64 %srbx=%016RX64 %srcx=%016RX64 %srdx=%016RX64\n" "%srsi=%016RX64 %srdi=%016RX64 %sr8 =%016RX64 %sr9 =%016RX64\n" "%sr10=%016RX64 %sr11=%016RX64 %sr12=%016RX64 %sr13=%016RX64\n" "%sr14=%016RX64 %sr15=%016RX64\n" "%srip=%016RX64 %srsp=%016RX64 %srbp=%016RX64 %siopl=%d %*s\n" "%scs=%04x %sss=%04x %sds=%04x %ses=%04x %sfs=%04x %sgs=%04x %seflags=%08x\n", pszPrefix, pCtxCore->rax, pszPrefix, pCtxCore->rbx, pszPrefix, pCtxCore->rcx, pszPrefix, pCtxCore->rdx, pszPrefix, pCtxCore->rsi, pszPrefix, pCtxCore->rdi, pszPrefix, pCtxCore->r8, pszPrefix, pCtxCore->r9, pszPrefix, pCtxCore->r10, pszPrefix, pCtxCore->r11, pszPrefix, pCtxCore->r12, pszPrefix, pCtxCore->r13, pszPrefix, pCtxCore->r14, pszPrefix, pCtxCore->r15, pszPrefix, pCtxCore->rip, pszPrefix, pCtxCore->rsp, pszPrefix, pCtxCore->rbp, pszPrefix, X86_EFL_GET_IOPL(efl), *pszPrefix ? 33 : 31, szEFlags, pszPrefix, (RTSEL)pCtxCore->cs, pszPrefix, (RTSEL)pCtxCore->ss, pszPrefix, (RTSEL)pCtxCore->ds, pszPrefix, (RTSEL)pCtxCore->es, pszPrefix, (RTSEL)pCtxCore->fs, pszPrefix, (RTSEL)pCtxCore->gs, pszPrefix, efl); else pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, "%seax=%08x %sebx=%08x %secx=%08x %sedx=%08x %sesi=%08x %sedi=%08x\n" "%seip=%08x %sesp=%08x %sebp=%08x %siopl=%d %*s\n" "%scs=%04x %sss=%04x %sds=%04x %ses=%04x %sfs=%04x %sgs=%04x %seflags=%08x\n", pszPrefix, pCtxCore->eax, pszPrefix, pCtxCore->ebx, pszPrefix, pCtxCore->ecx, pszPrefix, pCtxCore->edx, pszPrefix, pCtxCore->esi, pszPrefix, pCtxCore->edi, pszPrefix, pCtxCore->eip, pszPrefix, pCtxCore->esp, pszPrefix, pCtxCore->ebp, pszPrefix, X86_EFL_GET_IOPL(efl), *pszPrefix ? 33 : 31, szEFlags, pszPrefix, (RTSEL)pCtxCore->cs, pszPrefix, (RTSEL)pCtxCore->ss, pszPrefix, (RTSEL)pCtxCore->ds, pszPrefix, (RTSEL)pCtxCore->es, pszPrefix, (RTSEL)pCtxCore->fs, pszPrefix, (RTSEL)pCtxCore->gs, pszPrefix, efl); break; case CPUMDUMPTYPE_DEFAULT: if (CPUMIsGuestIn64BitCodeEx(pCtx)) pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, "%srax=%016RX64 %srbx=%016RX64 %srcx=%016RX64 %srdx=%016RX64\n" "%srsi=%016RX64 %srdi=%016RX64 %sr8 =%016RX64 %sr9 =%016RX64\n" "%sr10=%016RX64 %sr11=%016RX64 %sr12=%016RX64 %sr13=%016RX64\n" "%sr14=%016RX64 %sr15=%016RX64\n" "%srip=%016RX64 %srsp=%016RX64 %srbp=%016RX64 %siopl=%d %*s\n" "%scs=%04x %sss=%04x %sds=%04x %ses=%04x %sfs=%04x %sgs=%04x %str=%04x %seflags=%08x\n" "%scr0=%08RX64 %scr2=%08RX64 %scr3=%08RX64 %scr4=%08RX64 %sgdtr=%016RX64:%04x %sldtr=%04x\n" , pszPrefix, pCtxCore->rax, pszPrefix, pCtxCore->rbx, pszPrefix, pCtxCore->rcx, pszPrefix, pCtxCore->rdx, pszPrefix, pCtxCore->rsi, pszPrefix, pCtxCore->rdi, pszPrefix, pCtxCore->r8, pszPrefix, pCtxCore->r9, pszPrefix, pCtxCore->r10, pszPrefix, pCtxCore->r11, pszPrefix, pCtxCore->r12, pszPrefix, pCtxCore->r13, pszPrefix, pCtxCore->r14, pszPrefix, pCtxCore->r15, pszPrefix, pCtxCore->rip, pszPrefix, pCtxCore->rsp, pszPrefix, pCtxCore->rbp, pszPrefix, X86_EFL_GET_IOPL(efl), *pszPrefix ? 33 : 31, szEFlags, pszPrefix, (RTSEL)pCtxCore->cs, pszPrefix, (RTSEL)pCtxCore->ss, pszPrefix, (RTSEL)pCtxCore->ds, pszPrefix, (RTSEL)pCtxCore->es, pszPrefix, (RTSEL)pCtxCore->fs, pszPrefix, (RTSEL)pCtxCore->gs, pszPrefix, (RTSEL)pCtx->tr, pszPrefix, efl, pszPrefix, pCtx->cr0, pszPrefix, pCtx->cr2, pszPrefix, pCtx->cr3, pszPrefix, pCtx->cr4, pszPrefix, pCtx->gdtr.pGdt, pCtx->gdtr.cbGdt, pszPrefix, (RTSEL)pCtx->ldtr); else pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, "%seax=%08x %sebx=%08x %secx=%08x %sedx=%08x %sesi=%08x %sedi=%08x\n" "%seip=%08x %sesp=%08x %sebp=%08x %siopl=%d %*s\n" "%scs=%04x %sss=%04x %sds=%04x %ses=%04x %sfs=%04x %sgs=%04x %str=%04x %seflags=%08x\n" "%scr0=%08RX64 %scr2=%08RX64 %scr3=%08RX64 %scr4=%08RX64 %sgdtr=%08RX64:%04x %sldtr=%04x\n" , pszPrefix, pCtxCore->eax, pszPrefix, pCtxCore->ebx, pszPrefix, pCtxCore->ecx, pszPrefix, pCtxCore->edx, pszPrefix, pCtxCore->esi, pszPrefix, pCtxCore->edi, pszPrefix, pCtxCore->eip, pszPrefix, pCtxCore->esp, pszPrefix, pCtxCore->ebp, pszPrefix, X86_EFL_GET_IOPL(efl), *pszPrefix ? 33 : 31, szEFlags, pszPrefix, (RTSEL)pCtxCore->cs, pszPrefix, (RTSEL)pCtxCore->ss, pszPrefix, (RTSEL)pCtxCore->ds, pszPrefix, (RTSEL)pCtxCore->es, pszPrefix, (RTSEL)pCtxCore->fs, pszPrefix, (RTSEL)pCtxCore->gs, pszPrefix, (RTSEL)pCtx->tr, pszPrefix, efl, pszPrefix, pCtx->cr0, pszPrefix, pCtx->cr2, pszPrefix, pCtx->cr3, pszPrefix, pCtx->cr4, pszPrefix, pCtx->gdtr.pGdt, pCtx->gdtr.cbGdt, pszPrefix, (RTSEL)pCtx->ldtr); break; case CPUMDUMPTYPE_VERBOSE: if (CPUMIsGuestIn64BitCodeEx(pCtx)) pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, "%srax=%016RX64 %srbx=%016RX64 %srcx=%016RX64 %srdx=%016RX64\n" "%srsi=%016RX64 %srdi=%016RX64 %sr8 =%016RX64 %sr9 =%016RX64\n" "%sr10=%016RX64 %sr11=%016RX64 %sr12=%016RX64 %sr13=%016RX64\n" "%sr14=%016RX64 %sr15=%016RX64\n" "%srip=%016RX64 %srsp=%016RX64 %srbp=%016RX64 %siopl=%d %*s\n" "%scs={%04x base=%016RX64 limit=%08x flags=%08x}\n" "%sds={%04x base=%016RX64 limit=%08x flags=%08x}\n" "%ses={%04x base=%016RX64 limit=%08x flags=%08x}\n" "%sfs={%04x base=%016RX64 limit=%08x flags=%08x}\n" "%sgs={%04x base=%016RX64 limit=%08x flags=%08x}\n" "%sss={%04x base=%016RX64 limit=%08x flags=%08x}\n" "%scr0=%016RX64 %scr2=%016RX64 %scr3=%016RX64 %scr4=%016RX64\n" "%sdr0=%016RX64 %sdr1=%016RX64 %sdr2=%016RX64 %sdr3=%016RX64\n" "%sdr4=%016RX64 %sdr5=%016RX64 %sdr6=%016RX64 %sdr7=%016RX64\n" "%sgdtr=%016RX64:%04x %sidtr=%016RX64:%04x %seflags=%08x\n" "%sldtr={%04x base=%08RX64 limit=%08x flags=%08x}\n" "%str ={%04x base=%08RX64 limit=%08x flags=%08x}\n" "%sSysEnter={cs=%04llx eip=%016RX64 esp=%016RX64}\n" , pszPrefix, pCtxCore->rax, pszPrefix, pCtxCore->rbx, pszPrefix, pCtxCore->rcx, pszPrefix, pCtxCore->rdx, pszPrefix, pCtxCore->rsi, pszPrefix, pCtxCore->rdi, pszPrefix, pCtxCore->r8, pszPrefix, pCtxCore->r9, pszPrefix, pCtxCore->r10, pszPrefix, pCtxCore->r11, pszPrefix, pCtxCore->r12, pszPrefix, pCtxCore->r13, pszPrefix, pCtxCore->r14, pszPrefix, pCtxCore->r15, pszPrefix, pCtxCore->rip, pszPrefix, pCtxCore->rsp, pszPrefix, pCtxCore->rbp, pszPrefix, X86_EFL_GET_IOPL(efl), *pszPrefix ? 33 : 31, szEFlags, pszPrefix, (RTSEL)pCtxCore->cs, pCtx->csHid.u64Base, pCtx->csHid.u32Limit, pCtx->csHid.Attr.u, pszPrefix, (RTSEL)pCtxCore->ds, pCtx->dsHid.u64Base, pCtx->dsHid.u32Limit, pCtx->dsHid.Attr.u, pszPrefix, (RTSEL)pCtxCore->es, pCtx->esHid.u64Base, pCtx->esHid.u32Limit, pCtx->esHid.Attr.u, pszPrefix, (RTSEL)pCtxCore->fs, pCtx->fsHid.u64Base, pCtx->fsHid.u32Limit, pCtx->fsHid.Attr.u, pszPrefix, (RTSEL)pCtxCore->gs, pCtx->gsHid.u64Base, pCtx->gsHid.u32Limit, pCtx->gsHid.Attr.u, pszPrefix, (RTSEL)pCtxCore->ss, pCtx->ssHid.u64Base, pCtx->ssHid.u32Limit, pCtx->ssHid.Attr.u, pszPrefix, pCtx->cr0, pszPrefix, pCtx->cr2, pszPrefix, pCtx->cr3, pszPrefix, pCtx->cr4, pszPrefix, pCtx->dr[0], pszPrefix, pCtx->dr[1], pszPrefix, pCtx->dr[2], pszPrefix, pCtx->dr[3], pszPrefix, pCtx->dr[4], pszPrefix, pCtx->dr[5], pszPrefix, pCtx->dr[6], pszPrefix, pCtx->dr[7], pszPrefix, pCtx->gdtr.pGdt, pCtx->gdtr.cbGdt, pszPrefix, pCtx->idtr.pIdt, pCtx->idtr.cbIdt, pszPrefix, efl, pszPrefix, (RTSEL)pCtx->ldtr, pCtx->ldtrHid.u64Base, pCtx->ldtrHid.u32Limit, pCtx->ldtrHid.Attr.u, pszPrefix, (RTSEL)pCtx->tr, pCtx->trHid.u64Base, pCtx->trHid.u32Limit, pCtx->trHid.Attr.u, pszPrefix, pCtx->SysEnter.cs, pCtx->SysEnter.eip, pCtx->SysEnter.esp); else pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, "%seax=%08x %sebx=%08x %secx=%08x %sedx=%08x %sesi=%08x %sedi=%08x\n" "%seip=%08x %sesp=%08x %sebp=%08x %siopl=%d %*s\n" "%scs={%04x base=%016RX64 limit=%08x flags=%08x} %sdr0=%08RX64 %sdr1=%08RX64\n" "%sds={%04x base=%016RX64 limit=%08x flags=%08x} %sdr2=%08RX64 %sdr3=%08RX64\n" "%ses={%04x base=%016RX64 limit=%08x flags=%08x} %sdr4=%08RX64 %sdr5=%08RX64\n" "%sfs={%04x base=%016RX64 limit=%08x flags=%08x} %sdr6=%08RX64 %sdr7=%08RX64\n" "%sgs={%04x base=%016RX64 limit=%08x flags=%08x} %scr0=%08RX64 %scr2=%08RX64\n" "%sss={%04x base=%016RX64 limit=%08x flags=%08x} %scr3=%08RX64 %scr4=%08RX64\n" "%sgdtr=%016RX64:%04x %sidtr=%016RX64:%04x %seflags=%08x\n" "%sldtr={%04x base=%08RX64 limit=%08x flags=%08x}\n" "%str ={%04x base=%08RX64 limit=%08x flags=%08x}\n" "%sSysEnter={cs=%04llx eip=%08llx esp=%08llx}\n" , pszPrefix, pCtxCore->eax, pszPrefix, pCtxCore->ebx, pszPrefix, pCtxCore->ecx, pszPrefix, pCtxCore->edx, pszPrefix, pCtxCore->esi, pszPrefix, pCtxCore->edi, pszPrefix, pCtxCore->eip, pszPrefix, pCtxCore->esp, pszPrefix, pCtxCore->ebp, pszPrefix, X86_EFL_GET_IOPL(efl), *pszPrefix ? 33 : 31, szEFlags, pszPrefix, (RTSEL)pCtxCore->cs, pCtx->csHid.u64Base, pCtx->csHid.u32Limit, pCtx->csHid.Attr.u, pszPrefix, pCtx->dr[0], pszPrefix, pCtx->dr[1], pszPrefix, (RTSEL)pCtxCore->ds, pCtx->dsHid.u64Base, pCtx->dsHid.u32Limit, pCtx->dsHid.Attr.u, pszPrefix, pCtx->dr[2], pszPrefix, pCtx->dr[3], pszPrefix, (RTSEL)pCtxCore->es, pCtx->esHid.u64Base, pCtx->esHid.u32Limit, pCtx->esHid.Attr.u, pszPrefix, pCtx->dr[4], pszPrefix, pCtx->dr[5], pszPrefix, (RTSEL)pCtxCore->fs, pCtx->fsHid.u64Base, pCtx->fsHid.u32Limit, pCtx->fsHid.Attr.u, pszPrefix, pCtx->dr[6], pszPrefix, pCtx->dr[7], pszPrefix, (RTSEL)pCtxCore->gs, pCtx->gsHid.u64Base, pCtx->gsHid.u32Limit, pCtx->gsHid.Attr.u, pszPrefix, pCtx->cr0, pszPrefix, pCtx->cr2, pszPrefix, (RTSEL)pCtxCore->ss, pCtx->ssHid.u64Base, pCtx->ssHid.u32Limit, pCtx->ssHid.Attr.u, pszPrefix, pCtx->cr3, pszPrefix, pCtx->cr4, pszPrefix, pCtx->gdtr.pGdt, pCtx->gdtr.cbGdt, pszPrefix, pCtx->idtr.pIdt, pCtx->idtr.cbIdt, pszPrefix, efl, pszPrefix, (RTSEL)pCtx->ldtr, pCtx->ldtrHid.u64Base, pCtx->ldtrHid.u32Limit, pCtx->ldtrHid.Attr.u, pszPrefix, (RTSEL)pCtx->tr, pCtx->trHid.u64Base, pCtx->trHid.u32Limit, pCtx->trHid.Attr.u, pszPrefix, pCtx->SysEnter.cs, pCtx->SysEnter.eip, pCtx->SysEnter.esp); pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, "FPU:\n" "%sFCW=%04x %sFSW=%04x %sFTW=%02x\n" "%sres1=%02x %sFOP=%04x %sFPUIP=%08x %sCS=%04x %sRsvrd1=%04x\n" "%sFPUDP=%04x %sDS=%04x %sRsvrd2=%04x %sMXCSR=%08x %sMXCSR_MASK=%08x\n" , pszPrefix, pCtx->fpu.FCW, pszPrefix, pCtx->fpu.FSW, pszPrefix, pCtx->fpu.FTW, pszPrefix, pCtx->fpu.huh1, pszPrefix, pCtx->fpu.FOP, pszPrefix, pCtx->fpu.FPUIP, pszPrefix, pCtx->fpu.CS, pszPrefix, pCtx->fpu.Rsvrd1, pszPrefix, pCtx->fpu.FPUDP, pszPrefix, pCtx->fpu.DS, pszPrefix, pCtx->fpu.Rsrvd2, pszPrefix, pCtx->fpu.MXCSR, pszPrefix, pCtx->fpu.MXCSR_MASK); pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, "MSR:\n" "%sEFER =%016RX64\n" "%sPAT =%016RX64\n" "%sSTAR =%016RX64\n" "%sCSTAR =%016RX64\n" "%sLSTAR =%016RX64\n" "%sSFMASK =%016RX64\n" "%sKERNELGSBASE =%016RX64\n", pszPrefix, pCtx->msrEFER, pszPrefix, pCtx->msrPAT, pszPrefix, pCtx->msrSTAR, pszPrefix, pCtx->msrCSTAR, pszPrefix, pCtx->msrLSTAR, pszPrefix, pCtx->msrSFMASK, pszPrefix, pCtx->msrKERNELGSBASE); break; } } /** * Display all cpu states and any other cpum info. * * @param pVM VM Handle. * @param pHlp The info helper functions. * @param pszArgs Arguments, ignored. */ static DECLCALLBACK(void) cpumR3InfoAll(PVM pVM, PCDBGFINFOHLP pHlp, const char *pszArgs) { cpumR3InfoGuest(pVM, pHlp, pszArgs); cpumR3InfoGuestInstr(pVM, pHlp, pszArgs); cpumR3InfoHyper(pVM, pHlp, pszArgs); cpumR3InfoHost(pVM, pHlp, pszArgs); } /** * Parses the info argument. * * The argument starts with 'verbose', 'terse' or 'default' and then * continues with the comment string. * * @param pszArgs The pointer to the argument string. * @param penmType Where to store the dump type request. * @param ppszComment Where to store the pointer to the comment string. */ static void cpumR3InfoParseArg(const char *pszArgs, CPUMDUMPTYPE *penmType, const char **ppszComment) { if (!pszArgs) { *penmType = CPUMDUMPTYPE_DEFAULT; *ppszComment = ""; } else { if (!strncmp(pszArgs, "verbose", sizeof("verbose") - 1)) { pszArgs += 5; *penmType = CPUMDUMPTYPE_VERBOSE; } else if (!strncmp(pszArgs, "terse", sizeof("terse") - 1)) { pszArgs += 5; *penmType = CPUMDUMPTYPE_TERSE; } else if (!strncmp(pszArgs, "default", sizeof("default") - 1)) { pszArgs += 7; *penmType = CPUMDUMPTYPE_DEFAULT; } else *penmType = CPUMDUMPTYPE_DEFAULT; *ppszComment = RTStrStripL(pszArgs); } } /** * Display the guest cpu state. * * @param pVM VM Handle. * @param pHlp The info helper functions. * @param pszArgs Arguments, ignored. */ static DECLCALLBACK(void) cpumR3InfoGuest(PVM pVM, PCDBGFINFOHLP pHlp, const char *pszArgs) { CPUMDUMPTYPE enmType; const char *pszComment; cpumR3InfoParseArg(pszArgs, &enmType, &pszComment); pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, "Guest CPUM state: %s\n", pszComment); /* @todo SMP support! */ PVMCPU pVCpu = &pVM->aCpus[0]; PCPUMCTX pCtx = CPUMQueryGuestCtxPtr(pVCpu); cpumR3InfoOne(pVM, pCtx, CPUMCTX2CORE(pCtx), pHlp, enmType, ""); } /** * Display the current guest instruction * * @param pVM VM Handle. * @param pHlp The info helper functions. * @param pszArgs Arguments, ignored. */ static DECLCALLBACK(void) cpumR3InfoGuestInstr(PVM pVM, PCDBGFINFOHLP pHlp, const char *pszArgs) { char szInstruction[256]; int rc = DBGFR3DisasInstrCurrent(pVM, szInstruction, sizeof(szInstruction)); if (RT_SUCCESS(rc)) pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, "\nCPUM: %s\n\n", szInstruction); } /** * Display the hypervisor cpu state. * * @param pVM VM Handle. * @param pHlp The info helper functions. * @param pszArgs Arguments, ignored. */ static DECLCALLBACK(void) cpumR3InfoHyper(PVM pVM, PCDBGFINFOHLP pHlp, const char *pszArgs) { CPUMDUMPTYPE enmType; const char *pszComment; /* @todo SMP */ PVMCPU pVCpu = &pVM->aCpus[0]; cpumR3InfoParseArg(pszArgs, &enmType, &pszComment); pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, "Hypervisor CPUM state: %s\n", pszComment); cpumR3InfoOne(pVM, &pVCpu->cpum.s.Hyper, pVCpu->cpum.s.pHyperCoreR3, pHlp, enmType, "."); pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, "CR4OrMask=%#x CR4AndMask=%#x\n", pVM->cpum.s.CR4.OrMask, pVM->cpum.s.CR4.AndMask); } /** * Display the host cpu state. * * @param pVM VM Handle. * @param pHlp The info helper functions. * @param pszArgs Arguments, ignored. */ static DECLCALLBACK(void) cpumR3InfoHost(PVM pVM, PCDBGFINFOHLP pHlp, const char *pszArgs) { CPUMDUMPTYPE enmType; const char *pszComment; cpumR3InfoParseArg(pszArgs, &enmType, &pszComment); pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, "Host CPUM state: %s\n", pszComment); /* * Format the EFLAGS. */ /* @todo SMP */ PCPUMHOSTCTX pCtx = &pVM->aCpus[0].cpum.s.Host; #if HC_ARCH_BITS == 32 uint32_t efl = pCtx->eflags.u32; #else uint64_t efl = pCtx->rflags; #endif char szEFlags[80]; cpumR3InfoFormatFlags(&szEFlags[0], efl); /* * Format the registers. */ #if HC_ARCH_BITS == 32 # ifdef VBOX_WITH_HYBRID_32BIT_KERNEL if (!(pCtx->efer & MSR_K6_EFER_LMA)) # endif { pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, "eax=xxxxxxxx ebx=%08x ecx=xxxxxxxx edx=xxxxxxxx esi=%08x edi=%08x\n" "eip=xxxxxxxx esp=%08x ebp=%08x iopl=%d %31s\n" "cs=%04x ds=%04x es=%04x fs=%04x gs=%04x eflags=%08x\n" "cr0=%08RX64 cr2=xxxxxxxx cr3=%08RX64 cr4=%08RX64 gdtr=%08x:%04x ldtr=%04x\n" "dr[0]=%08RX64 dr[1]=%08RX64x dr[2]=%08RX64 dr[3]=%08RX64x dr[6]=%08RX64 dr[7]=%08RX64\n" "SysEnter={cs=%04x eip=%08x esp=%08x}\n" , /*pCtx->eax,*/ pCtx->ebx, /*pCtx->ecx, pCtx->edx,*/ pCtx->esi, pCtx->edi, /*pCtx->eip,*/ pCtx->esp, pCtx->ebp, X86_EFL_GET_IOPL(efl), szEFlags, (RTSEL)pCtx->cs, (RTSEL)pCtx->ds, (RTSEL)pCtx->es, (RTSEL)pCtx->fs, (RTSEL)pCtx->gs, efl, pCtx->cr0, /*pCtx->cr2,*/ pCtx->cr3, pCtx->cr4, pCtx->dr0, pCtx->dr1, pCtx->dr2, pCtx->dr3, pCtx->dr6, pCtx->dr7, (uint32_t)pCtx->gdtr.uAddr, pCtx->gdtr.cb, (RTSEL)pCtx->ldtr, pCtx->SysEnter.cs, pCtx->SysEnter.eip, pCtx->SysEnter.esp); } # ifdef VBOX_WITH_HYBRID_32BIT_KERNEL else # endif #endif #if HC_ARCH_BITS == 64 || defined(VBOX_WITH_HYBRID_32BIT_KERNEL) { pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, "rax=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx rbx=%016RX64 rcx=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx\n" "rdx=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx rsi=%016RX64 rdi=%016RX64\n" "rip=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx rsp=%016RX64 rbp=%016RX64\n" " r8=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx r9=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx r10=%016RX64\n" "r11=%016RX64 r12=%016RX64 r13=%016RX64\n" "r14=%016RX64 r15=%016RX64\n" "iopl=%d %31s\n" "cs=%04x ds=%04x es=%04x fs=%04x gs=%04x eflags=%08RX64\n" "cr0=%016RX64 cr2=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx cr3=%016RX64\n" "cr4=%016RX64 ldtr=%04x tr=%04x\n" "dr[0]=%016RX64 dr[1]=%016RX64 dr[2]=%016RX64\n" "dr[3]=%016RX64 dr[6]=%016RX64 dr[7]=%016RX64\n" "gdtr=%016RX64:%04x idtr=%016RX64:%04x\n" "SysEnter={cs=%04x eip=%08x esp=%08x}\n" "FSbase=%016RX64 GSbase=%016RX64 efer=%08RX64\n" , /*pCtx->rax,*/ pCtx->rbx, /*pCtx->rcx, pCtx->rdx,*/ pCtx->rsi, pCtx->rdi, /*pCtx->rip,*/ pCtx->rsp, pCtx->rbp, /*pCtx->r8, pCtx->r9,*/ pCtx->r10, pCtx->r11, pCtx->r12, pCtx->r13, pCtx->r14, pCtx->r15, X86_EFL_GET_IOPL(efl), szEFlags, (RTSEL)pCtx->cs, (RTSEL)pCtx->ds, (RTSEL)pCtx->es, (RTSEL)pCtx->fs, (RTSEL)pCtx->gs, efl, pCtx->cr0, /*pCtx->cr2,*/ pCtx->cr3, pCtx->cr4, pCtx->ldtr, pCtx->tr, pCtx->dr0, pCtx->dr1, pCtx->dr2, pCtx->dr3, pCtx->dr6, pCtx->dr7, pCtx->gdtr.uAddr, pCtx->gdtr.cb, pCtx->idtr.uAddr, pCtx->idtr.cb, pCtx->SysEnter.cs, pCtx->SysEnter.eip, pCtx->SysEnter.esp, pCtx->FSbase, pCtx->GSbase, pCtx->efer); } #endif } /** * Get L1 cache / TLS associativity. */ static const char *getCacheAss(unsigned u, char *pszBuf) { if (u == 0) return "res0 "; if (u == 1) return "direct"; if (u >= 256) return "???"; RTStrPrintf(pszBuf, 16, "%d way", u); return pszBuf; } /** * Get L2 cache soociativity. */ const char *getL2CacheAss(unsigned u) { switch (u) { case 0: return "off "; case 1: return "direct"; case 2: return "2 way "; case 3: return "res3 "; case 4: return "4 way "; case 5: return "res5 "; case 6: return "8 way "; case 7: return "res7 "; case 8: return "16 way"; case 9: return "res9 "; case 10: return "res10 "; case 11: return "res11 "; case 12: return "res12 "; case 13: return "res13 "; case 14: return "res14 "; case 15: return "fully "; default: return "????"; } } /** * Display the guest CpuId leaves. * * @param pVM VM Handle. * @param pHlp The info helper functions. * @param pszArgs "terse", "default" or "verbose". */ static DECLCALLBACK(void) cpumR3CpuIdInfo(PVM pVM, PCDBGFINFOHLP pHlp, const char *pszArgs) { /* * Parse the argument. */ unsigned iVerbosity = 1; if (pszArgs) { pszArgs = RTStrStripL(pszArgs); if (!strcmp(pszArgs, "terse")) iVerbosity--; else if (!strcmp(pszArgs, "verbose")) iVerbosity++; } /* * Start cracking. */ CPUMCPUID Host; CPUMCPUID Guest; unsigned cStdMax = pVM->cpum.s.aGuestCpuIdStd[0].eax; pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, " RAW Standard CPUIDs\n" " Function eax ebx ecx edx\n"); for (unsigned i = 0; i < RT_ELEMENTS(pVM->cpum.s.aGuestCpuIdStd); i++) { Guest = pVM->cpum.s.aGuestCpuIdStd[i]; ASMCpuId_Idx_ECX(i, 0, &Host.eax, &Host.ebx, &Host.ecx, &Host.edx); pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, "Gst: %08x %08x %08x %08x %08x%s\n" "Hst: %08x %08x %08x %08x\n", i, Guest.eax, Guest.ebx, Guest.ecx, Guest.edx, i <= cStdMax ? "" : "*", Host.eax, Host.ebx, Host.ecx, Host.edx); } /* * If verbose, decode it. */ if (iVerbosity) { Guest = pVM->cpum.s.aGuestCpuIdStd[0]; pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, "Name: %.04s%.04s%.04s\n" "Supports: 0-%x\n", &Guest.ebx, &Guest.edx, &Guest.ecx, Guest.eax); } /* * Get Features. */ bool const fIntel = ASMIsIntelCpuEx(pVM->cpum.s.aGuestCpuIdStd[0].ebx, pVM->cpum.s.aGuestCpuIdStd[0].ecx, pVM->cpum.s.aGuestCpuIdStd[0].edx); if (cStdMax >= 1 && iVerbosity) { Guest = pVM->cpum.s.aGuestCpuIdStd[1]; uint32_t uEAX = Guest.eax; pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, "Family: %d \tExtended: %d \tEffective: %d\n" "Model: %d \tExtended: %d \tEffective: %d\n" "Stepping: %d\n" "APIC ID: %#04x\n" "Logical CPUs: %d\n" "CLFLUSH Size: %d\n" "Brand ID: %#04x\n", (uEAX >> 8) & 0xf, (uEAX >> 20) & 0x7f, ASMGetCpuFamily(uEAX), (uEAX >> 4) & 0xf, (uEAX >> 16) & 0x0f, ASMGetCpuModel(uEAX, fIntel), ASMGetCpuStepping(uEAX), (Guest.ebx >> 24) & 0xff, (Guest.ebx >> 16) & 0xff, (Guest.ebx >> 8) & 0xff, (Guest.ebx >> 0) & 0xff); if (iVerbosity == 1) { uint32_t uEDX = Guest.edx; pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, "Features EDX: "); if (uEDX & RT_BIT(0)) pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, " FPU"); if (uEDX & RT_BIT(1)) pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, " VME"); if (uEDX & RT_BIT(2)) pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, " DE"); if (uEDX & RT_BIT(3)) pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, " PSE"); if (uEDX & RT_BIT(4)) pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, " TSC"); if (uEDX & RT_BIT(5)) pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, " MSR"); if (uEDX & RT_BIT(6)) pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, " PAE"); if (uEDX & RT_BIT(7)) pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, " MCE"); if (uEDX & RT_BIT(8)) pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, " CX8"); if (uEDX & RT_BIT(9)) pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, " APIC"); if (uEDX & RT_BIT(10)) pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, " 10"); if (uEDX & RT_BIT(11)) pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, " SEP"); if (uEDX & RT_BIT(12)) pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, " MTRR"); if (uEDX & RT_BIT(13)) pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, " PGE"); if (uEDX & RT_BIT(14)) pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, " MCA"); if (uEDX & RT_BIT(15)) pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, " CMOV"); if (uEDX & RT_BIT(16)) pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, " PAT"); if (uEDX & RT_BIT(17)) pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, " PSE36"); if (uEDX & RT_BIT(18)) pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, " PSN"); if (uEDX & RT_BIT(19)) pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, " CLFSH"); if (uEDX & RT_BIT(20)) pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, " 20"); if (uEDX & RT_BIT(21)) pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, " DS"); if (uEDX & RT_BIT(22)) pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, " ACPI"); if (uEDX & RT_BIT(23)) pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, " MMX"); if (uEDX & RT_BIT(24)) pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, " FXSR"); if (uEDX & RT_BIT(25)) pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, " SSE"); if (uEDX & RT_BIT(26)) pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, " SSE2"); if (uEDX & RT_BIT(27)) pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, " SS"); if (uEDX & RT_BIT(28)) pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, " HTT"); if (uEDX & RT_BIT(29)) pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, " TM"); if (uEDX & RT_BIT(30)) pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, " 30"); if (uEDX & RT_BIT(31)) pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, " PBE"); pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, "\n"); uint32_t uECX = Guest.ecx; pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, "Features ECX: "); if (uECX & RT_BIT(0)) pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, " SSE3"); if (uECX & RT_BIT(1)) pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, " 1"); if (uECX & RT_BIT(2)) pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, " 2"); if (uECX & RT_BIT(3)) pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, " MONITOR"); if (uECX & RT_BIT(4)) pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, " DS-CPL"); if (uECX & RT_BIT(5)) pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, " VMX"); if (uECX & RT_BIT(6)) pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, " 6"); if (uECX & RT_BIT(7)) pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, " EST"); if (uECX & RT_BIT(8)) pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, " TM2"); if (uECX & RT_BIT(9)) pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, " 9"); if (uECX & RT_BIT(10)) pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, " CNXT-ID"); if (uECX & RT_BIT(11)) pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, " 11"); if (uECX & RT_BIT(12)) pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, " 12"); if (uECX & RT_BIT(13)) pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, " CX16"); for (unsigned iBit = 14; iBit < 32; iBit++) if (uECX & RT_BIT(iBit)) pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, " %d", iBit); pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, "\n"); } else { ASMCpuId(1, &Host.eax, &Host.ebx, &Host.ecx, &Host.edx); X86CPUIDFEATEDX EdxHost = *(PX86CPUIDFEATEDX)&Host.edx; X86CPUIDFEATECX EcxHost = *(PX86CPUIDFEATECX)&Host.ecx; X86CPUIDFEATEDX EdxGuest = *(PX86CPUIDFEATEDX)&Guest.edx; X86CPUIDFEATECX EcxGuest = *(PX86CPUIDFEATECX)&Guest.ecx; pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, "Mnemonic - Description = guest (host)\n"); pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, "FPU - x87 FPU on Chip = %d (%d)\n", EdxGuest.u1FPU, EdxHost.u1FPU); pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, "VME - Virtual 8086 Mode Enhancements = %d (%d)\n", EdxGuest.u1VME, EdxHost.u1VME); pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, "DE - Debugging extensions = %d (%d)\n", EdxGuest.u1DE, EdxHost.u1DE); pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, "PSE - Page Size Extension = %d (%d)\n", EdxGuest.u1PSE, EdxHost.u1PSE); pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, "TSC - Time Stamp Counter = %d (%d)\n", EdxGuest.u1TSC, EdxHost.u1TSC); pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, "MSR - Model Specific Registers = %d (%d)\n", EdxGuest.u1MSR, EdxHost.u1MSR); pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, "PAE - Physical Address Extension = %d (%d)\n", EdxGuest.u1PAE, EdxHost.u1PAE); pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, "MCE - Machine Check Exception = %d (%d)\n", EdxGuest.u1MCE, EdxHost.u1MCE); pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, "CX8 - CMPXCHG8B instruction = %d (%d)\n", EdxGuest.u1CX8, EdxHost.u1CX8); pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, "APIC - APIC On-Chip = %d (%d)\n", EdxGuest.u1APIC, EdxHost.u1APIC); pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, "Reserved = %d (%d)\n", EdxGuest.u1Reserved1, EdxHost.u1Reserved1); pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, "SEP - SYSENTER and SYSEXIT = %d (%d)\n", EdxGuest.u1SEP, EdxHost.u1SEP); pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, "MTRR - Memory Type Range Registers = %d (%d)\n", EdxGuest.u1MTRR, EdxHost.u1MTRR); pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, "PGE - PTE Global Bit = %d (%d)\n", EdxGuest.u1PGE, EdxHost.u1PGE); pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, "MCA - Machine Check Architecture = %d (%d)\n", EdxGuest.u1MCA, EdxHost.u1MCA); pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, "CMOV - Conditional Move Instructions = %d (%d)\n", EdxGuest.u1CMOV, EdxHost.u1CMOV); pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, "PAT - Page Attribute Table = %d (%d)\n", EdxGuest.u1PAT, EdxHost.u1PAT); pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, "PSE-36 - 36-bit Page Size Extention = %d (%d)\n", EdxGuest.u1PSE36, EdxHost.u1PSE36); pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, "PSN - Processor Serial Number = %d (%d)\n", EdxGuest.u1PSN, EdxHost.u1PSN); pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, "CLFSH - CLFLUSH Instruction. = %d (%d)\n", EdxGuest.u1CLFSH, EdxHost.u1CLFSH); pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, "Reserved = %d (%d)\n", EdxGuest.u1Reserved2, EdxHost.u1Reserved2); pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, "DS - Debug Store = %d (%d)\n", EdxGuest.u1DS, EdxHost.u1DS); pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, "ACPI - Thermal Mon. & Soft. Clock Ctrl.= %d (%d)\n", EdxGuest.u1ACPI, EdxHost.u1ACPI); pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, "MMX - Intel MMX Technology = %d (%d)\n", EdxGuest.u1MMX, EdxHost.u1MMX); pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, "FXSR - FXSAVE and FXRSTOR Instructions = %d (%d)\n", EdxGuest.u1FXSR, EdxHost.u1FXSR); pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, "SSE - SSE Support = %d (%d)\n", EdxGuest.u1SSE, EdxHost.u1SSE); pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, "SSE2 - SSE2 Support = %d (%d)\n", EdxGuest.u1SSE2, EdxHost.u1SSE2); pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, "SS - Self Snoop = %d (%d)\n", EdxGuest.u1SS, EdxHost.u1SS); pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, "HTT - Hyper-Threading Technolog = %d (%d)\n", EdxGuest.u1HTT, EdxHost.u1HTT); pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, "TM - Thermal Monitor = %d (%d)\n", EdxGuest.u1TM, EdxHost.u1TM); pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, "30 - Reserved = %d (%d)\n", EdxGuest.u1Reserved3, EdxHost.u1Reserved3); pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, "PBE - Pending Break Enable = %d (%d)\n", EdxGuest.u1PBE, EdxHost.u1PBE); pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, "Supports SSE3 or not = %d (%d)\n", EcxGuest.u1SSE3, EcxHost.u1SSE3); pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, "Reserved = %d (%d)\n", EcxGuest.u2Reserved1, EcxHost.u2Reserved1); pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, "Supports MONITOR/MWAIT = %d (%d)\n", EcxGuest.u1Monitor, EcxHost.u1Monitor); pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, "CPL-DS - CPL Qualified Debug Store = %d (%d)\n", EcxGuest.u1CPLDS, EcxHost.u1CPLDS); pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, "VMX - Virtual Machine Technology = %d (%d)\n", EcxGuest.u1VMX, EcxHost.u1VMX); pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, "Reserved = %d (%d)\n", EcxGuest.u1Reserved2, EcxHost.u1Reserved2); pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, "Enhanced SpeedStep Technology = %d (%d)\n", EcxGuest.u1EST, EcxHost.u1EST); pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, "Terminal Monitor 2 = %d (%d)\n", EcxGuest.u1TM2, EcxHost.u1TM2); pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, "Supports Supplemental SSE3 or not = %d (%d)\n", EcxGuest.u1SSSE3, EcxHost.u1SSSE3); pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, "L1 Context ID = %d (%d)\n", EcxGuest.u1CNTXID, EcxHost.u1CNTXID); pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, "Reserved = %#x (%#x)\n",EcxGuest.u2Reserved4, EcxHost.u2Reserved4); pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, "CMPXCHG16B = %d (%d)\n", EcxGuest.u1CX16, EcxHost.u1CX16); pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, "xTPR Update Control = %d (%d)\n", EcxGuest.u1TPRUpdate, EcxHost.u1TPRUpdate); pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, "Reserved = %#x (%#x)\n",EcxGuest.u17Reserved5, EcxHost.u17Reserved5); } } if (cStdMax >= 2 && iVerbosity) { /** @todo */ } /* * Extended. * Implemented after AMD specs. */ unsigned cExtMax = pVM->cpum.s.aGuestCpuIdExt[0].eax & 0xffff; pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, "\n" " RAW Extended CPUIDs\n" " Function eax ebx ecx edx\n"); for (unsigned i = 0; i < RT_ELEMENTS(pVM->cpum.s.aGuestCpuIdExt); i++) { Guest = pVM->cpum.s.aGuestCpuIdExt[i]; ASMCpuId(0x80000000 | i, &Host.eax, &Host.ebx, &Host.ecx, &Host.edx); pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, "Gst: %08x %08x %08x %08x %08x%s\n" "Hst: %08x %08x %08x %08x\n", 0x80000000 | i, Guest.eax, Guest.ebx, Guest.ecx, Guest.edx, i <= cExtMax ? "" : "*", Host.eax, Host.ebx, Host.ecx, Host.edx); } /* * Understandable output */ if (iVerbosity) { Guest = pVM->cpum.s.aGuestCpuIdExt[0]; pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, "Ext Name: %.4s%.4s%.4s\n" "Ext Supports: 0x80000000-%#010x\n", &Guest.ebx, &Guest.edx, &Guest.ecx, Guest.eax); } if (iVerbosity && cExtMax >= 1) { Guest = pVM->cpum.s.aGuestCpuIdExt[1]; uint32_t uEAX = Guest.eax; pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, "Family: %d \tExtended: %d \tEffective: %d\n" "Model: %d \tExtended: %d \tEffective: %d\n" "Stepping: %d\n" "Brand ID: %#05x\n", (uEAX >> 8) & 0xf, (uEAX >> 20) & 0x7f, ASMGetCpuFamily(uEAX), (uEAX >> 4) & 0xf, (uEAX >> 16) & 0x0f, ASMGetCpuModel(uEAX, fIntel), ASMGetCpuStepping(uEAX), Guest.ebx & 0xfff); if (iVerbosity == 1) { uint32_t uEDX = Guest.edx; pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, "Features EDX: "); if (uEDX & RT_BIT(0)) pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, " FPU"); if (uEDX & RT_BIT(1)) pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, " VME"); if (uEDX & RT_BIT(2)) pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, " DE"); if (uEDX & RT_BIT(3)) pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, " PSE"); if (uEDX & RT_BIT(4)) pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, " TSC"); if (uEDX & RT_BIT(5)) pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, " MSR"); if (uEDX & RT_BIT(6)) pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, " PAE"); if (uEDX & RT_BIT(7)) pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, " MCE"); if (uEDX & RT_BIT(8)) pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, " CX8"); if (uEDX & RT_BIT(9)) pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, " APIC"); if (uEDX & RT_BIT(10)) pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, " 10"); if (uEDX & RT_BIT(11)) pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, " SCR"); if (uEDX & RT_BIT(12)) pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, " MTRR"); if (uEDX & RT_BIT(13)) pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, " PGE"); if (uEDX & RT_BIT(14)) pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, " MCA"); if (uEDX & RT_BIT(15)) pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, " CMOV"); if (uEDX & RT_BIT(16)) pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, " PAT"); if (uEDX & RT_BIT(17)) pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, " PSE36"); if (uEDX & RT_BIT(18)) pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, " 18"); if (uEDX & RT_BIT(19)) pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, " 19"); if (uEDX & RT_BIT(20)) pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, " NX"); if (uEDX & RT_BIT(21)) pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, " 21"); if (uEDX & RT_BIT(22)) pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, " ExtMMX"); if (uEDX & RT_BIT(23)) pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, " MMX"); if (uEDX & RT_BIT(24)) pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, " FXSR"); if (uEDX & RT_BIT(25)) pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, " FastFXSR"); if (uEDX & RT_BIT(26)) pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, " Page1GB"); if (uEDX & RT_BIT(27)) pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, " RDTSCP"); if (uEDX & RT_BIT(28)) pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, " 28"); if (uEDX & RT_BIT(29)) pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, " LongMode"); if (uEDX & RT_BIT(30)) pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, " Ext3DNow"); if (uEDX & RT_BIT(31)) pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, " 3DNow"); pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, "\n"); uint32_t uECX = Guest.ecx; pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, "Features ECX: "); if (uECX & RT_BIT(0)) pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, " LAHF/SAHF"); if (uECX & RT_BIT(1)) pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, " CMPL"); if (uECX & RT_BIT(2)) pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, " SVM"); if (uECX & RT_BIT(3)) pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, " ExtAPIC"); if (uECX & RT_BIT(4)) pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, " CR8L"); if (uECX & RT_BIT(5)) pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, " ABM"); if (uECX & RT_BIT(6)) pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, " SSE4A"); if (uECX & RT_BIT(7)) pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, " MISALNSSE"); if (uECX & RT_BIT(8)) pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, " 3DNOWPRF"); if (uECX & RT_BIT(9)) pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, " OSVW"); if (uECX & RT_BIT(10)) pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, " IBS"); if (uECX & RT_BIT(11)) pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, " SSE5"); if (uECX & RT_BIT(12)) pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, " SKINIT"); if (uECX & RT_BIT(13)) pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, " WDT"); for (unsigned iBit = 5; iBit < 32; iBit++) if (uECX & RT_BIT(iBit)) pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, " %d", iBit); pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, "\n"); } else { ASMCpuId(0x80000001, &Host.eax, &Host.ebx, &Host.ecx, &Host.edx); uint32_t uEdxGst = Guest.edx; uint32_t uEdxHst = Host.edx; pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, "Mnemonic - Description = guest (host)\n"); pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, "FPU - x87 FPU on Chip = %d (%d)\n", !!(uEdxGst & RT_BIT( 0)), !!(uEdxHst & RT_BIT( 0))); pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, "VME - Virtual 8086 Mode Enhancements = %d (%d)\n", !!(uEdxGst & RT_BIT( 1)), !!(uEdxHst & RT_BIT( 1))); pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, "DE - Debugging extensions = %d (%d)\n", !!(uEdxGst & RT_BIT( 2)), !!(uEdxHst & RT_BIT( 2))); pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, "PSE - Page Size Extension = %d (%d)\n", !!(uEdxGst & RT_BIT( 3)), !!(uEdxHst & RT_BIT( 3))); pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, "TSC - Time Stamp Counter = %d (%d)\n", !!(uEdxGst & RT_BIT( 4)), !!(uEdxHst & RT_BIT( 4))); pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, "MSR - K86 Model Specific Registers = %d (%d)\n", !!(uEdxGst & RT_BIT( 5)), !!(uEdxHst & RT_BIT( 5))); pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, "PAE - Physical Address Extension = %d (%d)\n", !!(uEdxGst & RT_BIT( 6)), !!(uEdxHst & RT_BIT( 6))); pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, "MCE - Machine Check Exception = %d (%d)\n", !!(uEdxGst & RT_BIT( 7)), !!(uEdxHst & RT_BIT( 7))); pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, "CX8 - CMPXCHG8B instruction = %d (%d)\n", !!(uEdxGst & RT_BIT( 8)), !!(uEdxHst & RT_BIT( 8))); pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, "APIC - APIC On-Chip = %d (%d)\n", !!(uEdxGst & RT_BIT( 9)), !!(uEdxHst & RT_BIT( 9))); pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, "10 - Reserved = %d (%d)\n", !!(uEdxGst & RT_BIT(10)), !!(uEdxHst & RT_BIT(10))); pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, "SEP - SYSCALL and SYSRET = %d (%d)\n", !!(uEdxGst & RT_BIT(11)), !!(uEdxHst & RT_BIT(11))); pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, "MTRR - Memory Type Range Registers = %d (%d)\n", !!(uEdxGst & RT_BIT(12)), !!(uEdxHst & RT_BIT(12))); pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, "PGE - PTE Global Bit = %d (%d)\n", !!(uEdxGst & RT_BIT(13)), !!(uEdxHst & RT_BIT(13))); pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, "MCA - Machine Check Architecture = %d (%d)\n", !!(uEdxGst & RT_BIT(14)), !!(uEdxHst & RT_BIT(14))); pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, "CMOV - Conditional Move Instructions = %d (%d)\n", !!(uEdxGst & RT_BIT(15)), !!(uEdxHst & RT_BIT(15))); pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, "PAT - Page Attribute Table = %d (%d)\n", !!(uEdxGst & RT_BIT(16)), !!(uEdxHst & RT_BIT(16))); pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, "PSE-36 - 36-bit Page Size Extention = %d (%d)\n", !!(uEdxGst & RT_BIT(17)), !!(uEdxHst & RT_BIT(17))); pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, "18 - Reserved = %d (%d)\n", !!(uEdxGst & RT_BIT(18)), !!(uEdxHst & RT_BIT(18))); pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, "19 - Reserved = %d (%d)\n", !!(uEdxGst & RT_BIT(19)), !!(uEdxHst & RT_BIT(19))); pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, "NX - No-Execute Page Protection = %d (%d)\n", !!(uEdxGst & RT_BIT(20)), !!(uEdxHst & RT_BIT(20))); pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, "DS - Debug Store = %d (%d)\n", !!(uEdxGst & RT_BIT(21)), !!(uEdxHst & RT_BIT(21))); pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, "AXMMX - AMD Extensions to MMX Instr. = %d (%d)\n", !!(uEdxGst & RT_BIT(22)), !!(uEdxHst & RT_BIT(22))); pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, "MMX - Intel MMX Technology = %d (%d)\n", !!(uEdxGst & RT_BIT(23)), !!(uEdxHst & RT_BIT(23))); pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, "FXSR - FXSAVE and FXRSTOR Instructions = %d (%d)\n", !!(uEdxGst & RT_BIT(24)), !!(uEdxHst & RT_BIT(24))); pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, "25 - AMD fast FXSAVE and FXRSTOR Instr.= %d (%d)\n", !!(uEdxGst & RT_BIT(25)), !!(uEdxHst & RT_BIT(25))); pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, "26 - 1 GB large page support = %d (%d)\n", !!(uEdxGst & RT_BIT(26)), !!(uEdxHst & RT_BIT(26))); pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, "27 - RDTSCP instruction = %d (%d)\n", !!(uEdxGst & RT_BIT(27)), !!(uEdxHst & RT_BIT(27))); pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, "28 - Reserved = %d (%d)\n", !!(uEdxGst & RT_BIT(28)), !!(uEdxHst & RT_BIT(28))); pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, "29 - AMD Long Mode = %d (%d)\n", !!(uEdxGst & RT_BIT(29)), !!(uEdxHst & RT_BIT(29))); pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, "30 - AMD Extensions to 3DNow = %d (%d)\n", !!(uEdxGst & RT_BIT(30)), !!(uEdxHst & RT_BIT(30))); pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, "31 - AMD 3DNow = %d (%d)\n", !!(uEdxGst & RT_BIT(31)), !!(uEdxHst & RT_BIT(31))); uint32_t uEcxGst = Guest.ecx; uint32_t uEcxHst = Host.ecx; pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, "LahfSahf - LAHF/SAHF in 64-bit mode = %d (%d)\n", !!(uEcxGst & RT_BIT( 0)), !!(uEcxHst & RT_BIT( 0))); pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, "CmpLegacy - Core MP legacy mode (depr) = %d (%d)\n", !!(uEcxGst & RT_BIT( 1)), !!(uEcxHst & RT_BIT( 1))); pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, "SVM - AMD VM Extensions = %d (%d)\n", !!(uEcxGst & RT_BIT( 2)), !!(uEcxHst & RT_BIT( 2))); pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, "APIC registers starting at 0x400 = %d (%d)\n", !!(uEcxGst & RT_BIT( 3)), !!(uEcxHst & RT_BIT( 3))); pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, "AltMovCR8 - LOCK MOV CR0 means MOV CR8 = %d (%d)\n", !!(uEcxGst & RT_BIT( 4)), !!(uEcxHst & RT_BIT( 4))); pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, "Advanced bit manipulation = %d (%d)\n", !!(uEcxGst & RT_BIT( 5)), !!(uEcxHst & RT_BIT( 5))); pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, "SSE4A instruction support = %d (%d)\n", !!(uEcxGst & RT_BIT( 6)), !!(uEcxHst & RT_BIT( 6))); pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, "Misaligned SSE mode = %d (%d)\n", !!(uEcxGst & RT_BIT( 7)), !!(uEcxHst & RT_BIT( 7))); pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, "PREFETCH and PREFETCHW instruction = %d (%d)\n", !!(uEcxGst & RT_BIT( 8)), !!(uEcxHst & RT_BIT( 8))); pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, "OS visible workaround = %d (%d)\n", !!(uEcxGst & RT_BIT( 9)), !!(uEcxHst & RT_BIT( 9))); pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, "Instruction based sampling = %d (%d)\n", !!(uEcxGst & RT_BIT(10)), !!(uEcxHst & RT_BIT(10))); pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, "SSE5 support = %d (%d)\n", !!(uEcxGst & RT_BIT(11)), !!(uEcxHst & RT_BIT(11))); pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, "SKINIT, STGI, and DEV support = %d (%d)\n", !!(uEcxGst & RT_BIT(12)), !!(uEcxHst & RT_BIT(12))); pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, "Watchdog timer support. = %d (%d)\n", !!(uEcxGst & RT_BIT(13)), !!(uEcxHst & RT_BIT(13))); pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, "31:14 - Reserved = %#x (%#x)\n", uEcxGst >> 14, uEcxHst >> 14); } } if (iVerbosity && cExtMax >= 2) { char szString[4*4*3+1] = {0}; uint32_t *pu32 = (uint32_t *)szString; *pu32++ = pVM->cpum.s.aGuestCpuIdExt[2].eax; *pu32++ = pVM->cpum.s.aGuestCpuIdExt[2].ebx; *pu32++ = pVM->cpum.s.aGuestCpuIdExt[2].ecx; *pu32++ = pVM->cpum.s.aGuestCpuIdExt[2].edx; if (cExtMax >= 3) { *pu32++ = pVM->cpum.s.aGuestCpuIdExt[3].eax; *pu32++ = pVM->cpum.s.aGuestCpuIdExt[3].ebx; *pu32++ = pVM->cpum.s.aGuestCpuIdExt[3].ecx; *pu32++ = pVM->cpum.s.aGuestCpuIdExt[3].edx; } if (cExtMax >= 4) { *pu32++ = pVM->cpum.s.aGuestCpuIdExt[4].eax; *pu32++ = pVM->cpum.s.aGuestCpuIdExt[4].ebx; *pu32++ = pVM->cpum.s.aGuestCpuIdExt[4].ecx; *pu32++ = pVM->cpum.s.aGuestCpuIdExt[4].edx; } pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, "Full Name: %s\n", szString); } if (iVerbosity && cExtMax >= 5) { uint32_t uEAX = pVM->cpum.s.aGuestCpuIdExt[5].eax; uint32_t uEBX = pVM->cpum.s.aGuestCpuIdExt[5].ebx; uint32_t uECX = pVM->cpum.s.aGuestCpuIdExt[5].ecx; uint32_t uEDX = pVM->cpum.s.aGuestCpuIdExt[5].edx; char sz1[32]; char sz2[32]; pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, "TLB 2/4M Instr/Uni: %s %3d entries\n" "TLB 2/4M Data: %s %3d entries\n", getCacheAss((uEAX >> 8) & 0xff, sz1), (uEAX >> 0) & 0xff, getCacheAss((uEAX >> 24) & 0xff, sz2), (uEAX >> 16) & 0xff); pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, "TLB 4K Instr/Uni: %s %3d entries\n" "TLB 4K Data: %s %3d entries\n", getCacheAss((uEBX >> 8) & 0xff, sz1), (uEBX >> 0) & 0xff, getCacheAss((uEBX >> 24) & 0xff, sz2), (uEBX >> 16) & 0xff); pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, "L1 Instr Cache Line Size: %d bytes\n" "L1 Instr Cache Lines Per Tag: %d\n" "L1 Instr Cache Associativity: %s\n" "L1 Instr Cache Size: %d KB\n", (uEDX >> 0) & 0xff, (uEDX >> 8) & 0xff, getCacheAss((uEDX >> 16) & 0xff, sz1), (uEDX >> 24) & 0xff); pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, "L1 Data Cache Line Size: %d bytes\n" "L1 Data Cache Lines Per Tag: %d\n" "L1 Data Cache Associativity: %s\n" "L1 Data Cache Size: %d KB\n", (uECX >> 0) & 0xff, (uECX >> 8) & 0xff, getCacheAss((uECX >> 16) & 0xff, sz1), (uECX >> 24) & 0xff); } if (iVerbosity && cExtMax >= 6) { uint32_t uEAX = pVM->cpum.s.aGuestCpuIdExt[6].eax; uint32_t uEBX = pVM->cpum.s.aGuestCpuIdExt[6].ebx; uint32_t uEDX = pVM->cpum.s.aGuestCpuIdExt[6].edx; pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, "L2 TLB 2/4M Instr/Uni: %s %4d entries\n" "L2 TLB 2/4M Data: %s %4d entries\n", getL2CacheAss((uEAX >> 12) & 0xf), (uEAX >> 0) & 0xfff, getL2CacheAss((uEAX >> 28) & 0xf), (uEAX >> 16) & 0xfff); pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, "L2 TLB 4K Instr/Uni: %s %4d entries\n" "L2 TLB 4K Data: %s %4d entries\n", getL2CacheAss((uEBX >> 12) & 0xf), (uEBX >> 0) & 0xfff, getL2CacheAss((uEBX >> 28) & 0xf), (uEBX >> 16) & 0xfff); pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, "L2 Cache Line Size: %d bytes\n" "L2 Cache Lines Per Tag: %d\n" "L2 Cache Associativity: %s\n" "L2 Cache Size: %d KB\n", (uEDX >> 0) & 0xff, (uEDX >> 8) & 0xf, getL2CacheAss((uEDX >> 12) & 0xf), (uEDX >> 16) & 0xffff); } if (iVerbosity && cExtMax >= 7) { uint32_t uEDX = pVM->cpum.s.aGuestCpuIdExt[7].edx; pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, "APM Features: "); if (uEDX & RT_BIT(0)) pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, " TS"); if (uEDX & RT_BIT(1)) pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, " FID"); if (uEDX & RT_BIT(2)) pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, " VID"); if (uEDX & RT_BIT(3)) pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, " TTP"); if (uEDX & RT_BIT(4)) pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, " TM"); if (uEDX & RT_BIT(5)) pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, " STC"); for (unsigned iBit = 6; iBit < 32; iBit++) if (uEDX & RT_BIT(iBit)) pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, " %d", iBit); pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, "\n"); } if (iVerbosity && cExtMax >= 8) { uint32_t uEAX = pVM->cpum.s.aGuestCpuIdExt[8].eax; uint32_t uECX = pVM->cpum.s.aGuestCpuIdExt[8].ecx; pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, "Physical Address Width: %d bits\n" "Virtual Address Width: %d bits\n", (uEAX >> 0) & 0xff, (uEAX >> 8) & 0xff); pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, "Physical Core Count: %d\n", (uECX >> 0) & 0xff); } /* * Centaur. */ unsigned cCentaurMax = pVM->cpum.s.aGuestCpuIdCentaur[0].eax & 0xffff; pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, "\n" " RAW Centaur CPUIDs\n" " Function eax ebx ecx edx\n"); for (unsigned i = 0; i < RT_ELEMENTS(pVM->cpum.s.aGuestCpuIdCentaur); i++) { Guest = pVM->cpum.s.aGuestCpuIdCentaur[i]; ASMCpuId(0xc0000000 | i, &Host.eax, &Host.ebx, &Host.ecx, &Host.edx); pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, "Gst: %08x %08x %08x %08x %08x%s\n" "Hst: %08x %08x %08x %08x\n", 0xc0000000 | i, Guest.eax, Guest.ebx, Guest.ecx, Guest.edx, i <= cCentaurMax ? "" : "*", Host.eax, Host.ebx, Host.ecx, Host.edx); } /* * Understandable output */ if (iVerbosity) { Guest = pVM->cpum.s.aGuestCpuIdCentaur[0]; pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, "Centaur Supports: 0xc0000000-%#010x\n", Guest.eax); } if (iVerbosity && cCentaurMax >= 1) { ASMCpuId(0xc0000001, &Host.eax, &Host.ebx, &Host.ecx, &Host.edx); uint32_t uEdxGst = pVM->cpum.s.aGuestCpuIdExt[1].edx; uint32_t uEdxHst = Host.edx; if (iVerbosity == 1) { pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, "Centaur Features EDX: "); if (uEdxGst & RT_BIT(0)) pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, " AIS"); if (uEdxGst & RT_BIT(1)) pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, " AIS-E"); if (uEdxGst & RT_BIT(2)) pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, " RNG"); if (uEdxGst & RT_BIT(3)) pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, " RNG-E"); if (uEdxGst & RT_BIT(4)) pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, " LH"); if (uEdxGst & RT_BIT(5)) pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, " FEMMS"); if (uEdxGst & RT_BIT(6)) pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, " ACE"); if (uEdxGst & RT_BIT(7)) pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, " ACE-E"); /* possibly indicating MM/HE and MM/HE-E on older chips... */ if (uEdxGst & RT_BIT(8)) pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, " ACE2"); if (uEdxGst & RT_BIT(9)) pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, " ACE2-E"); if (uEdxGst & RT_BIT(10)) pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, " PHE"); if (uEdxGst & RT_BIT(11)) pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, " PHE-E"); if (uEdxGst & RT_BIT(12)) pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, " PMM"); if (uEdxGst & RT_BIT(13)) pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, " PMM-E"); for (unsigned iBit = 14; iBit < 32; iBit++) if (uEdxGst & RT_BIT(iBit)) pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, " %d", iBit); pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, "\n"); } else { pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, "Mnemonic - Description = guest (host)\n"); pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, "AIS - Alternate Instruction Set = %d (%d)\n", !!(uEdxGst & RT_BIT( 0)), !!(uEdxHst & RT_BIT( 0))); pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, "AIS-E - AIS enabled = %d (%d)\n", !!(uEdxGst & RT_BIT( 1)), !!(uEdxHst & RT_BIT( 1))); pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, "RNG - Random Number Generator = %d (%d)\n", !!(uEdxGst & RT_BIT( 2)), !!(uEdxHst & RT_BIT( 2))); pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, "RNG-E - RNG enabled = %d (%d)\n", !!(uEdxGst & RT_BIT( 3)), !!(uEdxHst & RT_BIT( 3))); pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, "LH - LongHaul MSR 0000_110Ah = %d (%d)\n", !!(uEdxGst & RT_BIT( 4)), !!(uEdxHst & RT_BIT( 4))); pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, "FEMMS - FEMMS = %d (%d)\n", !!(uEdxGst & RT_BIT( 5)), !!(uEdxHst & RT_BIT( 5))); pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, "ACE - Advanced Cryptography Engine = %d (%d)\n", !!(uEdxGst & RT_BIT( 6)), !!(uEdxHst & RT_BIT( 6))); pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, "ACE-E - ACE enabled = %d (%d)\n", !!(uEdxGst & RT_BIT( 7)), !!(uEdxHst & RT_BIT( 7))); /* possibly indicating MM/HE and MM/HE-E on older chips... */ pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, "ACE2 - Advanced Cryptography Engine 2 = %d (%d)\n", !!(uEdxGst & RT_BIT( 8)), !!(uEdxHst & RT_BIT( 8))); pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, "ACE2-E - ACE enabled = %d (%d)\n", !!(uEdxGst & RT_BIT( 9)), !!(uEdxHst & RT_BIT( 9))); pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, "PHE - Hash Engine = %d (%d)\n", !!(uEdxGst & RT_BIT(10)), !!(uEdxHst & RT_BIT(10))); pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, "PHE-E - PHE enabled = %d (%d)\n", !!(uEdxGst & RT_BIT(11)), !!(uEdxHst & RT_BIT(11))); pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, "PMM - Montgomery Multiplier = %d (%d)\n", !!(uEdxGst & RT_BIT(12)), !!(uEdxHst & RT_BIT(12))); pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, "PMM-E - PMM enabled = %d (%d)\n", !!(uEdxGst & RT_BIT(13)), !!(uEdxHst & RT_BIT(13))); for (unsigned iBit = 14; iBit < 32; iBit++) if ((uEdxGst | uEdxHst) & RT_BIT(iBit)) pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, "Bit %d = %d (%d)\n", !!(uEdxGst & RT_BIT(iBit)), !!(uEdxHst & RT_BIT(iBit))); pHlp->pfnPrintf(pHlp, "\n"); } } } /** * Structure used when disassembling and instructions in DBGF. * This is used so the reader function can get the stuff it needs. */ typedef struct CPUMDISASSTATE { /** Pointer to the CPU structure. */ PDISCPUSTATE pCpu; /** The VM handle. */ PVM pVM; /** The VMCPU handle. */ PVMCPU pVCpu; /** Pointer to the first byte in the segemnt. */ RTGCUINTPTR GCPtrSegBase; /** Pointer to the byte after the end of the segment. (might have wrapped!) */ RTGCUINTPTR GCPtrSegEnd; /** The size of the segment minus 1. */ RTGCUINTPTR cbSegLimit; /** Pointer to the current page - R3 Ptr. */ void const *pvPageR3; /** Pointer to the current page - GC Ptr. */ RTGCPTR pvPageGC; /** The lock information that PGMPhysReleasePageMappingLock needs. */ PGMPAGEMAPLOCK PageMapLock; /** Whether the PageMapLock is valid or not. */ bool fLocked; /** 64 bits mode or not. */ bool f64Bits; } CPUMDISASSTATE, *PCPUMDISASSTATE; /** * Instruction reader. * * @returns VBox status code. * @param PtrSrc Address to read from. * In our case this is relative to the selector pointed to by the 2nd user argument of uDisCpu. * @param pu8Dst Where to store the bytes. * @param cbRead Number of bytes to read. * @param uDisCpu Pointer to the disassembler cpu state. * In this context it's always pointer to the Core of a DBGFDISASSTATE. */ static DECLCALLBACK(int) cpumR3DisasInstrRead(RTUINTPTR PtrSrc, uint8_t *pu8Dst, unsigned cbRead, void *uDisCpu) { PDISCPUSTATE pCpu = (PDISCPUSTATE)uDisCpu; PCPUMDISASSTATE pState = (PCPUMDISASSTATE)pCpu->apvUserData[0]; Assert(cbRead > 0); for (;;) { RTGCUINTPTR GCPtr = PtrSrc + pState->GCPtrSegBase; /* Need to update the page translation? */ if ( !pState->pvPageR3 || (GCPtr >> PAGE_SHIFT) != (pState->pvPageGC >> PAGE_SHIFT)) { int rc = VINF_SUCCESS; /* translate the address */ pState->pvPageGC = GCPtr & PAGE_BASE_GC_MASK; if ( MMHyperIsInsideArea(pState->pVM, pState->pvPageGC) && !HWACCMIsEnabled(pState->pVM)) { pState->pvPageR3 = MMHyperRCToR3(pState->pVM, (RTRCPTR)pState->pvPageGC); if (!pState->pvPageR3) rc = VERR_INVALID_POINTER; } else { /* Release mapping lock previously acquired. */ if (pState->fLocked) PGMPhysReleasePageMappingLock(pState->pVM, &pState->PageMapLock); rc = PGMPhysGCPtr2CCPtrReadOnly(pState->pVCpu, pState->pvPageGC, &pState->pvPageR3, &pState->PageMapLock); pState->fLocked = RT_SUCCESS_NP(rc); } if (RT_FAILURE(rc)) { pState->pvPageR3 = NULL; return rc; } } /* check the segemnt limit */ if (!pState->f64Bits && PtrSrc > pState->cbSegLimit) return VERR_OUT_OF_SELECTOR_BOUNDS; /* calc how much we can read */ uint32_t cb = PAGE_SIZE - (GCPtr & PAGE_OFFSET_MASK); if (!pState->f64Bits) { RTGCUINTPTR cbSeg = pState->GCPtrSegEnd - GCPtr; if (cb > cbSeg && cbSeg) cb = cbSeg; } if (cb > cbRead) cb = cbRead; /* read and advance */ memcpy(pu8Dst, (char *)pState->pvPageR3 + (GCPtr & PAGE_OFFSET_MASK), cb); cbRead -= cb; if (!cbRead) return VINF_SUCCESS; pu8Dst += cb; PtrSrc += cb; } } /** * Disassemble an instruction and return the information in the provided structure. * * @returns VBox status code. * @param pVM VM Handle * @param pVCpu VMCPU Handle * @param pCtx CPU context * @param GCPtrPC Program counter (relative to CS) to disassemble from. * @param pCpu Disassembly state * @param pszPrefix String prefix for logging (debug only) * */ VMMR3DECL(int) CPUMR3DisasmInstrCPU(PVM pVM, PVMCPU pVCpu, PCPUMCTX pCtx, RTGCPTR GCPtrPC, PDISCPUSTATE pCpu, const char *pszPrefix) { CPUMDISASSTATE State; int rc; const PGMMODE enmMode = PGMGetGuestMode(pVCpu); State.pCpu = pCpu; State.pvPageGC = 0; State.pvPageR3 = NULL; State.pVM = pVM; State.pVCpu = pVCpu; State.fLocked = false; State.f64Bits = false; /* * Get selector information. */ if ( (pCtx->cr0 & X86_CR0_PE) && pCtx->eflags.Bits.u1VM == 0) { if (CPUMAreHiddenSelRegsValid(pVM)) { State.f64Bits = enmMode >= PGMMODE_AMD64 && pCtx->csHid.Attr.n.u1Long; State.GCPtrSegBase = pCtx->csHid.u64Base; State.GCPtrSegEnd = pCtx->csHid.u32Limit + 1 + (RTGCUINTPTR)pCtx->csHid.u64Base; State.cbSegLimit = pCtx->csHid.u32Limit; pCpu->mode = (State.f64Bits) ? CPUMODE_64BIT : pCtx->csHid.Attr.n.u1DefBig ? CPUMODE_32BIT : CPUMODE_16BIT; } else { DBGFSELINFO SelInfo; rc = SELMR3GetShadowSelectorInfo(pVM, pCtx->cs, &SelInfo); if (RT_FAILURE(rc)) { AssertMsgFailed(("SELMR3GetShadowSelectorInfo failed for %04X:%RGv rc=%d\n", pCtx->cs, GCPtrPC, rc)); return rc; } /* * Validate the selector. */ rc = DBGFR3SelInfoValidateCS(&SelInfo, pCtx->ss); if (RT_FAILURE(rc)) { AssertMsgFailed(("SELMSelInfoValidateCS failed for %04X:%RGv rc=%d\n", pCtx->cs, GCPtrPC, rc)); return rc; } State.GCPtrSegBase = SelInfo.GCPtrBase; State.GCPtrSegEnd = SelInfo.cbLimit + 1 + (RTGCUINTPTR)SelInfo.GCPtrBase; State.cbSegLimit = SelInfo.cbLimit; pCpu->mode = SelInfo.Raw.Gen.u1DefBig ? CPUMODE_32BIT : CPUMODE_16BIT; } } else { /* real or V86 mode */ pCpu->mode = CPUMODE_16BIT; State.GCPtrSegBase = pCtx->cs * 16; State.GCPtrSegEnd = 0xFFFFFFFF; State.cbSegLimit = 0xFFFFFFFF; } /* * Disassemble the instruction. */ pCpu->pfnReadBytes = cpumR3DisasInstrRead; pCpu->apvUserData[0] = &State; uint32_t cbInstr; #ifndef LOG_ENABLED rc = DISInstr(pCpu, GCPtrPC, 0, &cbInstr, NULL); if (RT_SUCCESS(rc)) { #else char szOutput[160]; rc = DISInstr(pCpu, GCPtrPC, 0, &cbInstr, &szOutput[0]); if (RT_SUCCESS(rc)) { /* log it */ if (pszPrefix) Log(("%s: %s", pszPrefix, szOutput)); else Log(("%s", szOutput)); #endif rc = VINF_SUCCESS; } else Log(("CPUMR3DisasmInstrCPU: DISInstr failed for %04X:%RGv rc=%Rrc\n", pCtx->cs, GCPtrPC, rc)); /* Release mapping lock acquired in cpumR3DisasInstrRead. */ if (State.fLocked) PGMPhysReleasePageMappingLock(pVM, &State.PageMapLock); return rc; } #ifdef DEBUG /** * Disassemble an instruction and dump it to the log * * @returns VBox status code. * @param pVM VM Handle * @param pVCpu VMCPU Handle * @param pCtx CPU context * @param pc GC instruction pointer * @param pszPrefix String prefix for logging * * @deprecated Use DBGFR3DisasInstrCurrentLog(). */ VMMR3DECL(void) CPUMR3DisasmInstr(PVM pVM, PVMCPU pVCpu, PCPUMCTX pCtx, RTGCPTR pc, const char *pszPrefix) { DISCPUSTATE Cpu; CPUMR3DisasmInstrCPU(pVM, pVCpu, pCtx, pc, &Cpu, pszPrefix); } /** * Debug helper - Saves guest context on raw mode entry (for fatal dump) * * @internal */ VMMR3DECL(void) CPUMR3SaveEntryCtx(PVM pVM) { /* @todo SMP support!! */ pVM->cpum.s.GuestEntry = *CPUMQueryGuestCtxPtr(VMMGetCpu(pVM)); } #endif /* DEBUG */ /** * API for controlling a few of the CPU features found in CR4. * * Currently only X86_CR4_TSD is accepted as input. * * @returns VBox status code. * * @param pVM The VM handle. * @param fOr The CR4 OR mask. * @param fAnd The CR4 AND mask. */ VMMR3DECL(int) CPUMR3SetCR4Feature(PVM pVM, RTHCUINTREG fOr, RTHCUINTREG fAnd) { AssertMsgReturn(!(fOr & ~(X86_CR4_TSD)), ("%#x\n", fOr), VERR_INVALID_PARAMETER); AssertMsgReturn((fAnd & ~(X86_CR4_TSD)) == ~(X86_CR4_TSD), ("%#x\n", fAnd), VERR_INVALID_PARAMETER); pVM->cpum.s.CR4.OrMask &= fAnd; pVM->cpum.s.CR4.OrMask |= fOr; return VINF_SUCCESS; } /** * Gets a pointer to the array of standard CPUID leafs. * * CPUMR3GetGuestCpuIdStdMax() give the size of the array. * * @returns Pointer to the standard CPUID leafs (read-only). * @param pVM The VM handle. * @remark Intended for PATM. */ VMMR3DECL(RCPTRTYPE(PCCPUMCPUID)) CPUMR3GetGuestCpuIdStdRCPtr(PVM pVM) { return RCPTRTYPE(PCCPUMCPUID)VM_RC_ADDR(pVM, &pVM->cpum.s.aGuestCpuIdStd[0]); } /** * Gets a pointer to the array of extended CPUID leafs. * * CPUMGetGuestCpuIdExtMax() give the size of the array. * * @returns Pointer to the extended CPUID leafs (read-only). * @param pVM The VM handle. * @remark Intended for PATM. */ VMMR3DECL(RCPTRTYPE(PCCPUMCPUID)) CPUMR3GetGuestCpuIdExtRCPtr(PVM pVM) { return (RCPTRTYPE(PCCPUMCPUID))VM_RC_ADDR(pVM, &pVM->cpum.s.aGuestCpuIdExt[0]); } /** * Gets a pointer to the array of centaur CPUID leafs. * * CPUMGetGuestCpuIdCentaurMax() give the size of the array. * * @returns Pointer to the centaur CPUID leafs (read-only). * @param pVM The VM handle. * @remark Intended for PATM. */ VMMR3DECL(RCPTRTYPE(PCCPUMCPUID)) CPUMR3GetGuestCpuIdCentaurRCPtr(PVM pVM) { return (RCPTRTYPE(PCCPUMCPUID))VM_RC_ADDR(pVM, &pVM->cpum.s.aGuestCpuIdCentaur[0]); } /** * Gets a pointer to the default CPUID leaf. * * @returns Pointer to the default CPUID leaf (read-only). * @param pVM The VM handle. * @remark Intended for PATM. */ VMMR3DECL(RCPTRTYPE(PCCPUMCPUID)) CPUMR3GetGuestCpuIdDefRCPtr(PVM pVM) { return (RCPTRTYPE(PCCPUMCPUID))VM_RC_ADDR(pVM, &pVM->cpum.s.GuestCpuIdDef); }