/* $Id: errmsgwin.cpp 57926 2015-09-28 14:05:58Z vboxsync $ */ /** @file * IPRT - Status code messages. */ /* * Copyright (C) 2006-2015 Oracle Corporation * * This file is part of VirtualBox Open Source Edition (OSE), as * available from http://www.virtualbox.org. This file is free software; * you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU * General Public License (GPL) as published by the Free Software * Foundation, in version 2 as it comes in the "COPYING" file of the * VirtualBox OSE distribution. VirtualBox OSE is distributed in the * hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY of any kind. * * The contents of this file may alternatively be used under the terms * of the Common Development and Distribution License Version 1.0 * (CDDL) only, as it comes in the "COPYING.CDDL" file of the * VirtualBox OSE distribution, in which case the provisions of the * CDDL are applicable instead of those of the GPL. * * You may elect to license modified versions of this file under the * terms and conditions of either the GPL or the CDDL or both. */ /********************************************************************************************************************************* * Header Files * *********************************************************************************************************************************/ #include #include #include #include #include /********************************************************************************************************************************* * Global Variables * *********************************************************************************************************************************/ /** Array of messages. * The data is generated by a sed script. */ static const RTWINERRMSG g_aStatusMsgs[] = { #if !defined(IPRT_NO_ERROR_DATA) && !defined(DOXYGEN_RUNNING) # include "errmsgcomdata.h" # if defined(VBOX) && !defined(IN_GUEST) # include "errmsgvboxcomdata.h" # endif #else { "Success.", "ERROR_SUCCESS", 0 }, #endif { NULL, NULL, 0 } }; /** Temporary buffers to format unknown messages in. * @{ */ static char g_aszUnknownStr[4][64]; static RTWINERRMSG g_aUnknownMsgs[4] = { { &g_aszUnknownStr[0][0], &g_aszUnknownStr[0][0], 0 }, { &g_aszUnknownStr[1][0], &g_aszUnknownStr[1][0], 0 }, { &g_aszUnknownStr[2][0], &g_aszUnknownStr[2][0], 0 }, { &g_aszUnknownStr[3][0], &g_aszUnknownStr[3][0], 0 } }; /** Last used index in g_aUnknownMsgs. */ static volatile uint32_t g_iUnknownMsgs; /** @} */ /** * Get the message corresponding to a given status code. * * @returns Pointer to read-only message description. * @param rc The status code. */ RTDECL(PCRTWINERRMSG) RTErrWinGet(long rc) { unsigned i; for (i = 0; i < RT_ELEMENTS(g_aStatusMsgs) - 1U; i++) if (g_aStatusMsgs[i].iCode == rc) return &g_aStatusMsgs[i]; /* The g_aStatusMsgs table contains a wild mix of error codes with and * without included facility and severity. So the chance is high that there * was no exact match. Try to find a non-exact match, and include the * actual value in case we pick the wrong entry. Better than always using * the "Unknown Status" case. */ for (i = 0; i < RT_ELEMENTS(g_aStatusMsgs) - 1U; i++) if (g_aStatusMsgs[i].iCode == HRESULT_CODE(rc)) { int32_t iMsg = (ASMAtomicIncU32(&g_iUnknownMsgs) - 1) % RT_ELEMENTS(g_aUnknownMsgs); RTStrPrintf(&g_aszUnknownStr[iMsg][0], sizeof(g_aszUnknownStr[iMsg]), "%s 0x%X", g_aStatusMsgs[i].pszDefine, rc); return &g_aUnknownMsgs[iMsg]; } /* * Need to use the temporary stuff. */ int32_t iMsg = (ASMAtomicIncU32(&g_iUnknownMsgs) - 1) % RT_ELEMENTS(g_aUnknownMsgs); RTStrPrintf(&g_aszUnknownStr[iMsg][0], sizeof(g_aszUnknownStr[iMsg]), "Unknown Status 0x%X", rc); return &g_aUnknownMsgs[iMsg]; } RTDECL(PCRTCOMERRMSG) RTErrCOMGet(uint32_t rc) { return RTErrWinGet((long)rc); }