/* $Id: tstTime-2.cpp 11822 2008-08-29 14:21:03Z vboxsync $ */ /** @file * IPRT Testcase - Simple RTTime test. */ /* * Copyright (C) 2006-2007 Sun Microsystems, Inc. * * This file is part of VirtualBox Open Source Edition (OSE), as * available from http://www.virtualbox.org. This file is free software; * you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU * General Public License (GPL) as published by the Free Software * Foundation, in version 2 as it comes in the "COPYING" file of the * VirtualBox OSE distribution. VirtualBox OSE is distributed in the * hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY of any kind. * * The contents of this file may alternatively be used under the terms * of the Common Development and Distribution License Version 1.0 * (CDDL) only, as it comes in the "COPYING.CDDL" file of the * VirtualBox OSE distribution, in which case the provisions of the * CDDL are applicable instead of those of the GPL. * * You may elect to license modified versions of this file under the * terms and conditions of either the GPL or the CDDL or both. * * Please contact Sun Microsystems, Inc., 4150 Network Circle, Santa * Clara, CA 95054 USA or visit http://www.sun.com if you need * additional information or have any questions. */ /******************************************************************************* * Header Files * *******************************************************************************/ #include #include #include #include #include int main() { unsigned cErrors = 0; int i; RTR3InitAndSUPLib(); RTPrintf("tstTime-2: TESTING...\n"); /* * RTNanoTimeTS() shall never return something which * is less or equal to the return of the previous call. */ RTTimeSystemNanoTS(); RTTimeNanoTS(); RTThreadYield(); uint64_t u64RTStartTS = RTTimeNanoTS(); uint64_t u64OSStartTS = RTTimeSystemNanoTS(); #define NUMBER_OF_CALLS (100*_1M) for (i = 0; i < NUMBER_OF_CALLS; i++) RTTimeNanoTS(); uint64_t u64RTElapsedTS = RTTimeNanoTS(); uint64_t u64OSElapsedTS = RTTimeSystemNanoTS(); u64RTElapsedTS -= u64RTStartTS; u64OSElapsedTS -= u64OSStartTS; int64_t i64Diff = u64OSElapsedTS >= u64RTElapsedTS ? u64OSElapsedTS - u64RTElapsedTS : u64RTElapsedTS - u64OSElapsedTS; if (i64Diff > (int64_t)(u64OSElapsedTS / 1000)) { RTPrintf("tstTime-2: error: total time differs too much! u64OSElapsedTS=%#llx u64RTElapsedTS=%#llx delta=%lld\n", u64OSElapsedTS, u64RTElapsedTS, u64OSElapsedTS - u64RTElapsedTS); cErrors++; } else RTPrintf("tstTime-2: total time difference: u64OSElapsedTS=%#llx u64RTElapsedTS=%#llx delta=%lld\n", u64OSElapsedTS, u64RTElapsedTS, u64OSElapsedTS - u64RTElapsedTS); RTPrintf("tstTime-2: %u calls to RTTimeNanoTS\n", NUMBER_OF_CALLS); RTPrintf("tstTime-2: RTTimeDbgSteps -> %u (%d ppt)\n", RTTimeDbgSteps(), ((uint64_t)RTTimeDbgSteps() * 1000) / NUMBER_OF_CALLS); RTPrintf("tstTime-2: RTTimeDbgExpired -> %u (%d ppt)\n", RTTimeDbgExpired(), ((uint64_t)RTTimeDbgExpired() * 1000) / NUMBER_OF_CALLS); RTPrintf("tstTime-2: RTTimeDbgBad -> %u (%d ppt)\n", RTTimeDbgBad(), ((uint64_t)RTTimeDbgBad() * 1000) / NUMBER_OF_CALLS); RTPrintf("tstTime-2: RTTimeDbgRaces -> %u (%d ppt)\n", RTTimeDbgRaces(), ((uint64_t)RTTimeDbgRaces() * 1000) / NUMBER_OF_CALLS); if (!cErrors) RTPrintf("tstTime-2: SUCCESS\n"); else RTPrintf("tstTime-2: FAILURE - %d errors\n", cErrors); return !!cErrors; }