/* $Id: DrvSCSIHost.cpp 28800 2010-04-27 08:22:32Z vboxsync $ */ /** @file * VBox storage drivers: Host SCSI access driver. */ /* * Copyright (C) 2006-2010 Oracle Corporation * * This file is part of VirtualBox Open Source Edition (OSE), as * available from http://www.virtualbox.org. This file is free software; * you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU * General Public License (GPL) as published by the Free Software * Foundation, in version 2 as it comes in the "COPYING" file of the * VirtualBox OSE distribution. VirtualBox OSE is distributed in the * hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY of any kind. */ /******************************************************************************* * Header Files * *******************************************************************************/ //#define DEBUG #define LOG_GROUP LOG_GROUP_DRV_SCSIHOST #include #include #include #include #include #include #include #include #include #include #if defined(RT_OS_LINUX) # include # include # include #endif #include "../Builtins.h" /** * SCSI driver instance data. * * @implements PDMISCSICONNECTOR */ typedef struct DRVSCSIHOST { /** Pointer driver instance. */ PPDMDRVINS pDrvIns; /** Pointer to the SCSI port interface of the device above. */ PPDMISCSIPORT pDevScsiPort; /** The SCSI connector interface . */ PDMISCSICONNECTOR ISCSIConnector; /** PAth to the device file. */ char *pszDevicePath; /** Handle to the device. */ RTFILE DeviceFile; /** The dedicated I/O thread. */ PPDMTHREAD pAsyncIOThread; /** Queue for passing the requests to the thread. */ PRTREQQUEUE pQueueRequests; } DRVSCSIHOST, *PDRVSCSIHOST; /** Converts a pointer to DRVSCSIHOST::ISCSIConnecotr to a PDRVSCSIHOST. */ #define PDMISCSICONNECTOR_2_DRVSCSIHOST(pInterface) ( (PDRVSCSIHOST)((uintptr_t)pInterface - RT_OFFSETOF(DRVSCSIHOST, ISCSIConnector)) ) #ifdef DEBUG /** * Dumps a SCSI request structure for debugging purposes. * * @returns nothing. * @param pRequest Pointer to the request to dump. */ static void drvscsihostDumpScsiRequest(PPDMSCSIREQUEST pRequest) { Log(("Dump for pRequest=%#p Command: %s\n", pRequest, SCSICmdText(pRequest->pbCDB[0]))); Log(("cbCDB=%u\n", pRequest->cbCDB)); for (uint32_t i = 0; i < pRequest->cbCDB; i++) Log(("pbCDB[%u]=%#x\n", i, pRequest->pbCDB[i])); Log(("cbScatterGather=%u\n", pRequest->cbScatterGather)); Log(("cScatterGatherEntries=%u\n", pRequest->cScatterGatherEntries)); /* Print all scatter gather entries. */ for (uint32_t i = 0; i < pRequest->cScatterGatherEntries; i++) { Log(("ScatterGatherEntry[%u].cbSeg=%u\n", i, pRequest->paScatterGatherHead[i].cbSeg)); Log(("ScatterGatherEntry[%u].pvSeg=%#p\n", i, pRequest->paScatterGatherHead[i].pvSeg)); } Log(("pvUser=%#p\n", pRequest->pvUser)); } #endif /** * Copy the content of a buffer to a scatter gather list * copying only the amount of data which fits into the * scatter gather list. * * @returns VBox status code. * @param pRequest Pointer to the request which contains the S/G list entries. * @param pvBuf Pointer to the buffer which should be copied. * @param cbBuf Size of the buffer. */ static int drvscsihostScatterGatherListCopyFromBuffer(PPDMSCSIREQUEST pRequest, void *pvBuf, size_t cbBuf) { unsigned cSGEntry = 0; PRTSGSEG pSGEntry = &pRequest->paScatterGatherHead[cSGEntry]; uint8_t *pu8Buf = (uint8_t *)pvBuf; while (cSGEntry < pRequest->cScatterGatherEntries) { size_t cbToCopy = (cbBuf < pSGEntry->cbSeg) ? cbBuf : pSGEntry->cbSeg; memcpy(pSGEntry->pvSeg, pu8Buf, cbToCopy); cbBuf -= cbToCopy; /* We finished. */ if (!cbBuf) break; /* Advance the buffer. */ pu8Buf += cbToCopy; /* Go to the next entry in the list. */ pSGEntry++; cSGEntry++; } return VINF_SUCCESS; } /** * Set the sense and advanced sense key in the buffer for error conditions. * * @returns nothing. * @param pRequest Pointer to the request which contains the sense buffer. * @param uSCSISenseKey The sense key to set. * @param uSCSIASC The advanced sense key to set. */ DECLINLINE(void) drvscsiCmdError(PPDMSCSIREQUEST pRequest, uint8_t uSCSISenseKey, uint8_t uSCSIASC) { AssertMsg(pRequest->cbSenseBuffer >= 2, ("Sense buffer is not big enough\n")); AssertMsg(pRequest->pbSenseBuffer, ("Sense buffer pointer is NULL\n")); pRequest->pbSenseBuffer[0] = uSCSISenseKey; pRequest->pbSenseBuffer[1] = uSCSIASC; } /** * Sets the sense key for a status good condition. * * @returns nothing. * @param pRequest Pointer to the request which contains the sense buffer. */ DECLINLINE(void) drvscsihostCmdOk(PPDMSCSIREQUEST pRequest) { AssertMsg(pRequest->cbSenseBuffer >= 2, ("Sense buffer is not big enough\n")); AssertMsg(pRequest->pbSenseBuffer, ("Sense buffer pointer is NULL\n")); pRequest->pbSenseBuffer[0] = SCSI_SENSE_NONE; pRequest->pbSenseBuffer[1] = SCSI_ASC_NONE; } /** * Returns the transfer direction of the given command * in case the device does not provide this info. * * @returns transfer direction of the command. * SCSIHOSTTXDIR_NONE if no data is transfered. * SCSIHOSTTXDIR_FROM_DEVICE if the data is read from the device. * SCSIHOSTTXDIR_TO_DEVICE if the data is written to the device. * @param uCommand The command byte. */ static unsigned drvscsihostGetTransferDirectionFromCommand(uint8_t uCommand) { switch (uCommand) { case SCSI_INQUIRY: case SCSI_REPORT_LUNS: case SCSI_MODE_SENSE_6: case SCSI_READ_TOC_PMA_ATIP: case SCSI_READ_CAPACITY: case SCSI_MODE_SENSE_10: case SCSI_GET_EVENT_STATUS_NOTIFICATION: case SCSI_GET_CONFIGURATION: case SCSI_READ_10: case SCSI_READ_12: case SCSI_READ_BUFFER: case SCSI_READ_BUFFER_CAPACITY: case SCSI_READ_DISC_INFORMATION: case SCSI_READ_DVD_STRUCTURE: case SCSI_READ_FORMAT_CAPACITIES: case SCSI_READ_SUBCHANNEL: case SCSI_READ_TRACK_INFORMATION: case SCSI_READ_CD: case SCSI_READ_CD_MSF: return PDMSCSIREQUESTTXDIR_FROM_DEVICE; case SCSI_TEST_UNIT_READY: case SCSI_PREVENT_ALLOW_MEDIUM_REMOVAL: case SCSI_START_STOP_UNIT: return PDMSCSIREQUESTTXDIR_NONE; case SCSI_WRITE_10: case SCSI_WRITE_12: case SCSI_WRITE_BUFFER: return PDMSCSIREQUESTTXDIR_TO_DEVICE; default: AssertMsgFailed(("Command not known %#x\n", uCommand)); } /* We should never get here in debug mode. */ AssertMsgFailed(("Impossible to get here!!!\n")); return PDMSCSIREQUESTTXDIR_NONE; /* to make compilers happy. */ } static int drvscsihostProcessRequestOne(PDRVSCSIHOST pThis, PPDMSCSIREQUEST pRequest) { int rc = VINF_SUCCESS; unsigned uTxDir; LogFlowFunc(("Entered\n")); #ifdef DEBUG drvscsihostDumpScsiRequest(pRequest); #endif /* We implement only one device. */ if (pRequest->uLogicalUnit != 0) { switch (pRequest->pbCDB[0]) { case SCSI_INQUIRY: { SCSIINQUIRYDATA ScsiInquiryReply; memset(&ScsiInquiryReply, 0, sizeof(ScsiInquiryReply)); ScsiInquiryReply.u5PeripheralDeviceType = SCSI_INQUIRY_DATA_PERIPHERAL_DEVICE_TYPE_UNKNOWN; ScsiInquiryReply.u3PeripheralQualifier = SCSI_INQUIRY_DATA_PERIPHERAL_QUALIFIER_NOT_CONNECTED_NOT_SUPPORTED; drvscsihostScatterGatherListCopyFromBuffer(pRequest, &ScsiInquiryReply, sizeof(SCSIINQUIRYDATA)); drvscsihostCmdOk(pRequest); break; } default: AssertMsgFailed(("Command not implemented for attached device\n")); drvscsiCmdError(pRequest, SCSI_SENSE_ILLEGAL_REQUEST, SCSI_ASC_NONE); } } else { #if defined(RT_OS_LINUX) sg_io_hdr_t ScsiIoReq; sg_iovec_t *paSG = NULL; /* Setup SCSI request. */ memset(&ScsiIoReq, 0, sizeof(sg_io_hdr_t)); ScsiIoReq.interface_id = 'S'; if (pRequest->uDataDirection == PDMSCSIREQUESTTXDIR_UNKNOWN) uTxDir = drvscsihostGetTransferDirectionFromCommand(pRequest->pbCDB[0]); else uTxDir = pRequest->uDataDirection; if (uTxDir == PDMSCSIREQUESTTXDIR_NONE) ScsiIoReq.dxfer_direction = SG_DXFER_NONE; else if (uTxDir == PDMSCSIREQUESTTXDIR_TO_DEVICE) ScsiIoReq.dxfer_direction = SG_DXFER_TO_DEV; else if (uTxDir == PDMSCSIREQUESTTXDIR_FROM_DEVICE) ScsiIoReq.dxfer_direction = SG_DXFER_FROM_DEV; else AssertMsgFailed(("Invalid transfer direction %u\n", uTxDir)); ScsiIoReq.cmd_len = pRequest->cbCDB; ScsiIoReq.mx_sb_len = pRequest->cbSenseBuffer; ScsiIoReq.dxfer_len = pRequest->cbScatterGather; if (pRequest->cScatterGatherEntries > 0) { if (pRequest->cScatterGatherEntries == 1) { ScsiIoReq.iovec_count = 0; ScsiIoReq.dxferp = pRequest->paScatterGatherHead[0].pvSeg; } else { ScsiIoReq.iovec_count = pRequest->cScatterGatherEntries; paSG = (sg_iovec_t *)RTMemAllocZ(pRequest->cScatterGatherEntries * sizeof(sg_iovec_t)); AssertPtrReturn(paSG, VERR_NO_MEMORY); for (unsigned i = 0; i < pRequest->cScatterGatherEntries; i++) { paSG[i].iov_base = pRequest->paScatterGatherHead[i].pvSeg; paSG[i].iov_len = pRequest->paScatterGatherHead[i].cbSeg; } ScsiIoReq.dxferp = paSG; } } ScsiIoReq.cmdp = pRequest->pbCDB; ScsiIoReq.sbp = pRequest->pbSenseBuffer; ScsiIoReq.timeout = UINT_MAX; ScsiIoReq.flags |= SG_FLAG_DIRECT_IO; /** Issue command. */ rc = ioctl(pThis->DeviceFile, SG_IO, &ScsiIoReq); if (rc < 0) { AssertMsgFailed(("Ioctl failed with rc=%d\n", rc)); } /* Request processed successfully. */ Log(("Command successfully processed\n")); if (ScsiIoReq.iovec_count > 0) RTMemFree(paSG); #endif } /* Notify device that request finished. */ rc = pThis->pDevScsiPort->pfnSCSIRequestCompleted(pThis->pDevScsiPort, pRequest, SCSI_STATUS_OK); AssertMsgRC(rc, ("Notifying device above failed rc=%Rrc\n", rc)); return rc; } /** * Request function to wakeup the thread. * * @returns VWRN_STATE_CHANGED. */ static int drvscsihostAsyncIOLoopWakeupFunc(void) { return VWRN_STATE_CHANGED; } /** * The thread function which processes the requests asynchronously. * * @returns VBox status code. * @param pDrvIns Pointer to the device instance data. * @param pThread Pointer to the thread instance data. */ static int drvscsihostAsyncIOLoop(PPDMDRVINS pDrvIns, PPDMTHREAD pThread) { int rc = VINF_SUCCESS; PDRVSCSIHOST pThis = PDMINS_2_DATA(pDrvIns, PDRVSCSIHOST); LogFlowFunc(("Entering async IO loop.\n")); if (pThread->enmState == PDMTHREADSTATE_INITIALIZING) return VINF_SUCCESS; while (pThread->enmState == PDMTHREADSTATE_RUNNING) { rc = RTReqProcess(pThis->pQueueRequests, RT_INDEFINITE_WAIT); AssertMsg(rc == VWRN_STATE_CHANGED, ("Left RTReqProcess and error code is not VWRN_STATE_CHANGED rc=%Rrc\n", rc)); } return VINF_SUCCESS; } static int drvscsihostAsyncIOLoopWakeup(PPDMDRVINS pDrvIns, PPDMTHREAD pThread) { int rc; PDRVSCSIHOST pThis = PDMINS_2_DATA(pDrvIns, PDRVSCSIHOST); PRTREQ pReq; AssertMsgReturn(pThis->pQueueRequests, ("pQueueRequests is NULL\n"), VERR_INVALID_STATE); rc = RTReqCall(pThis->pQueueRequests, &pReq, 10000 /* 10 sec. */, (PFNRT)drvscsihostAsyncIOLoopWakeupFunc, 0); AssertMsgRC(rc, ("Inserting request into queue failed rc=%Rrc\n")); return rc; } /* -=-=-=-=- ISCSIConnector -=-=-=-=- */ /** @copydoc PDMISCSICONNECTOR::pfnSCSIRequestSend. */ static DECLCALLBACK(int) drvscsihostRequestSend(PPDMISCSICONNECTOR pInterface, PPDMSCSIREQUEST pSCSIRequest) { int rc; PDRVSCSIHOST pThis = PDMISCSICONNECTOR_2_DRVSCSIHOST(pInterface); PRTREQ pReq; AssertMsgReturn(pThis->pQueueRequests, ("pQueueRequests is NULL\n"), VERR_INVALID_STATE); rc = RTReqCallEx(pThis->pQueueRequests, &pReq, 0, RTREQFLAGS_NO_WAIT, (PFNRT)drvscsihostProcessRequestOne, 2, pThis, pSCSIRequest); AssertMsgReturn(RT_SUCCESS(rc), ("Inserting request into queue failed rc=%Rrc\n", rc), rc); return VINF_SUCCESS; } /* -=-=-=-=- PDMIBASE -=-=-=-=- */ /** * @interface_method_impl{PDMIBASE,pfnQueryInterface} */ static DECLCALLBACK(void *) drvscsihostQueryInterface(PPDMIBASE pInterface, const char *pszIID) { PPDMDRVINS pDrvIns = PDMIBASE_2_PDMDRV(pInterface); PDRVSCSIHOST pThis = PDMINS_2_DATA(pDrvIns, PDRVSCSIHOST); PDMIBASE_RETURN_INTERFACE(pszIID, PDMIBASE, &pDrvIns->IBase); PDMIBASE_RETURN_INTERFACE(pszIID, PDMISCSICONNECTOR, &pThis->ISCSIConnector); return NULL; } /* -=-=-=-=- PDMDRVREG -=-=-=-=- */ /** * Destruct a driver instance. * * Most VM resources are freed by the VM. This callback is provided so that any non-VM * resources can be freed correctly. * * @param pDrvIns The driver instance data. */ static DECLCALLBACK(void) drvscsihostDestruct(PPDMDRVINS pDrvIns) { PDRVSCSIHOST pThis = PDMINS_2_DATA(pDrvIns, PDRVSCSIHOST); PDMDRV_CHECK_VERSIONS_RETURN_VOID(pDrvIns); if (pThis->DeviceFile != NIL_RTFILE) RTFileClose(pThis->DeviceFile); if (pThis->pszDevicePath) MMR3HeapFree(pThis->pszDevicePath); if (pThis->pQueueRequests) { int rc = RTReqDestroyQueue(pThis->pQueueRequests); AssertMsgRC(rc, ("Failed to destroy queue rc=%Rrc\n", rc)); } } /** * Construct a block driver instance. * * @copydoc FNPDMDRVCONSTRUCT */ static DECLCALLBACK(int) drvscsihostConstruct(PPDMDRVINS pDrvIns, PCFGMNODE pCfg, uint32_t fFlags) { PDRVSCSIHOST pThis = PDMINS_2_DATA(pDrvIns, PDRVSCSIHOST); LogFlowFunc(("pDrvIns=%#p pCfg=%#p\n", pDrvIns, pCfg)); PDMDRV_CHECK_VERSIONS_RETURN(pDrvIns); /* * Read the configuration. */ if (!CFGMR3AreValuesValid(pCfg, "DevicePath\0")) return PDMDRV_SET_ERROR(pDrvIns, VERR_PDM_DRVINS_UNKNOWN_CFG_VALUES, N_("Invalid configuration for host scsi access driver")); /* * Initialize interfaces. */ pDrvIns->IBase.pfnQueryInterface = drvscsihostQueryInterface; pThis->ISCSIConnector.pfnSCSIRequestSend = drvscsihostRequestSend; pThis->pDrvIns = pDrvIns; pThis->DeviceFile = NIL_RTFILE; /* Query the SCSI port interface above. */ pThis->pDevScsiPort = PDMIBASE_QUERY_INTERFACE(pDrvIns->pUpBase, PDMISCSIPORT); AssertMsgReturn(pThis->pDevScsiPort, ("Missing SCSI port interface above\n"), VERR_PDM_MISSING_INTERFACE); /* Create request queue. */ int rc = RTReqCreateQueue(&pThis->pQueueRequests); AssertMsgReturn(RT_SUCCESS(rc), ("Failed to create request queue rc=%Rrc\n"), rc); /* Open the device. */ rc = CFGMR3QueryStringAlloc(pCfg, "DevicePath", &pThis->pszDevicePath); if (RT_FAILURE(rc)) return PDMDRV_SET_ERROR(pDrvIns, rc, N_("Configuration error: Failed to get the \"DevicePath\" value")); rc = RTFileOpen(&pThis->DeviceFile, pThis->pszDevicePath, RTFILE_O_READWRITE | RTFILE_O_OPEN | RTFILE_O_DENY_NONE); if (RT_FAILURE(rc)) return PDMDrvHlpVMSetError(pDrvIns, rc, RT_SRC_POS, N_("DrvSCSIHost#%d: Failed to open device '%s'"), pDrvIns->iInstance, pThis->pszDevicePath); /* Create I/O thread. */ rc = PDMDrvHlpThreadCreate(pDrvIns, &pThis->pAsyncIOThread, pThis, drvscsihostAsyncIOLoop, drvscsihostAsyncIOLoopWakeup, 0, RTTHREADTYPE_IO, "SCSI async IO"); AssertMsgReturn(RT_SUCCESS(rc), ("Failed to create async I/O thread rc=%Rrc\n"), rc); return VINF_SUCCESS; } /** * SCSI driver registration record. */ const PDMDRVREG g_DrvSCSIHost = { /* u32Version */ PDM_DRVREG_VERSION, /* szName */ "SCSIHost", /* szRCMod */ "", /* szR0Mod */ "", /* pszDescription */ "Host SCSI driver.", /* fFlags */ PDM_DRVREG_FLAGS_HOST_BITS_DEFAULT, /* fClass. */ PDM_DRVREG_CLASS_SCSI, /* cMaxInstances */ ~0, /* cbInstance */ sizeof(DRVSCSIHOST), /* pfnConstruct */ drvscsihostConstruct, /* pfnDestruct */ drvscsihostDestruct, /* pfnRelocate */ NULL, /* pfnIOCtl */ NULL, /* pfnPowerOn */ NULL, /* pfnReset */ NULL, /* pfnSuspend */ NULL, /* pfnResume */ NULL, /* pfnAttach */ NULL, /* pfnDetach */ NULL, /* pfnPowerOff */ NULL, /* pfnSoftReset */ NULL, /* u32EndVersion */ PDM_DRVREG_VERSION };